• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running a Nextech SL3 Carbon Suspension?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
While not much discussed on this forum, weight reduction is a form of HP increase. ;)
That said, is anyone running the Nextech SL3 Carbon Suspension? Its available for the 'Winder, and can even be used with shocks other than the maker's recommended fox coil qs3's. Besides its claim to fame being (about) 1/3 the weight of a regular skid, (and much stronger) it has the smart flex aspect which gives you flat trail handling AND higher side pressure to handle berms or side hilling.

SL3-2019-LS(26).jpg

Its certainly not inexpensive :eek:, but what about going fast with the 'Winders is?! :dunno:

IMO, these sleds need weight off the front end, not the rear. There is no way that suspension weighs 1\3rd the weight of a regular skid either. The frame rails dont weigh that much.

OK, what does the complete rear suspension (skid, arms, shocks, wheels, etc.) of a 'Winder weigh?

I'll weigh mine whole maybe next week.
Although we need the front end lighter, the rear suspension is a step below the Poo & Doo. I won't spend this money, but it sure is fun to learn about.

I have come very close to buying one of these skids and still might in the future. I'm more so buying it for the strength aspect of it because they way I ride my sled I fear I will bend a rail one of these days. If you want to see how strong these rails are compared to the stock ones look up Powermodz on YouTube. Louie has a video on it and its a great comparison.

Back