• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running a TD tune or evo tune on BTX or MTX

Dieselxtx

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder BTX LE
2012 Nytro XTX 1.75
I'm looking to do a tune on my BTX LE I can't catwalk it like I think it should does anyone have a tune with a review they would like to share at higher elevations?

Can't help you with the tune but have you adjusted your suspension at all ? In the snow you can't keep the nose down on my MTX ! Also word of warning get the proclimb rear bumper if you like doing wheelies I snapped the tunnel off on mine like nothing !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 785
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 379
Thanks I have the bumper already mine bent down what suspension setup should I try?

I have a EVO stage 4 in my BTX, only have about 600 miles on it so far, but very happy with it. Really pulls hard

I'm looking to do a tune on my BTX LE I can't catwalk it like I think it should does anyone have a tune with a review they would like to share at higher elevations?

Your power will remain the same at any elevation. If you want more ski lift reduce the pressure in your rear shock to give more weight transfer.

Someone must have experience with a tune at high elevations by now switching from low to high elevations is there any clutching change necessary with the tune installed?

There mechanic Kyle Fritz is pretty good at getting back and answering questions I was able to get ahold of him on Facebook messenger he's been putting on a lot of miles at elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am leaning towards the stage 4 setup myself if I do it I'd probably start with there clutching and grab the map x tuner to flash my own tunes. I'm guessing you should need a little less primary weight at elevation than down low as even turbos have some losses due to air density just a lot less pronounced than a n/a engine. I had previously read that this sled will compensate at elevation tho and add boost can anyone with boost gauges confirm that?

Someone must have experience with a tune at high elevations by now switching from low to high elevations is there any clutching change necessary with the tune installed?
With the evo tunes you dont have to change clutching. ECU adjusts fuel and boost for high elevation. PM Kyle Fritz on facebook for info. Great guy and works there/does the high elevation testing for them.

That doesn't make sense how can you make more power and not change clutching all of there performance kits show exhaust clutching and tuner in pictures.
f0f5d38b54bdc8e8b4b5505a1a4e1757.jpg

That doesn't make sense how can you make more power and not change clutching all of there performance kits show exhaust clutching and tuner in pictures.
f0f5d38b54bdc8e8b4b5505a1a4e1757.jpg

Yes you have to for the tune. But after that you can change elevation without changing it and your power stays the same.

Hey guys,

Kyle @ Evo here. I have over 1000 miles at elevation on the EVP tunes and they rock! I can stand a 162 MTX up like its nothing! Overall Very fun tunes for being pump gas.

As far as clutching, what I tell customers is with stage 1 & 2 you should be fine with stock clutching. Stage 3 requires about 3 grams more in each arm. Stage 4 Requires about 6 grams more. I have the clutching pretty dialed in if you want to purchase a clutch kit from us. I can also give you recommendations for any elevation as well. You will need to change your clutching if you go from 1000ft to 9000ft, its inevitable. I will say this though, we have quite a few customers running the thunder products kit with very good results.

Heading out this week to do some more testing with the MTX and some big tunes ;) Stay tuned ill have some videos for you guys!

Back