• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running a TD tune or evo tune on BTX or MTX

Hey guys,

Kyle @ Evo here. I have over 1000 miles at elevation on the EVP tunes and they rock! I can stand a 162 MTX up like its nothing! Overall Very fun tunes for being pump gas.

As far as clutching, what I tell customers is with stage 1 & 2 you should be fine with stock clutching. Stage 3 requires about 3 grams more in each arm. Stage 4 Requires about 6 grams more. I have the clutching pretty dialed in if you want to purchase a clutch kit from us. I can also give you recommendations for any elevation as well. You will need to change your clutching if you go from 1000ft to 9000ft, its inevitable. I will say this though, we have quite a few customers running the thunder products kit with very good results.

Heading out this week to do some more testing with the MTX and some big tunes ;) Stay tuned ill have some videos for you guys!

How much weight do you need to take out to go from 1000-9000 with stage 4? Stock I needed to take out about 2 Grams to hold 8900rpm. I'm really interested in more boost! How much more can the stock turbo at elevation handle 15psi at sealevel should be about 19 at elevation to be compareable at elevation that turbo must be out of wind at 19psi or has your testing shown differently?

How much weight do you need to take out to go from 1000-9000 with stage 4? Stock I needed to take out about 2 Grams to hold 8900rpm. I'm really interested in more boost! How much more can the stock turbo at elevation handle 15psi at sealevel should be about 19 at elevation to be compareable at elevation that turbo must be out of wind at 19psi or has your testing shown differently?

This is where it gets tricky....the stock map sensors only allow the boost to go to 15PSI (at any elevation) unless your tune shuts off the code (we don't recommend that) This is where you get into our 4 Bar map sensor tunes. 18-19 PSI is about the max at elevation. So on stage 4 you will get 15PSI at any elevation.

On stage 4 we take out about 4-5 grams to go from 9500ft-1300ft

Ok thanks for the info so stage 4 right now will not compensate for elevation will there be a tune out that will compensate from 14 or 15 at sealevel and run 18-19 at elevation with the map sensor change of course, keeping hp roughly the same on pump gas and not needing clutching change? Or will a maptuner be nessecary to change tunes from a 15 to 18? Thanks again for clarifying!

Back