• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone running the yamacharger

just got a 09 xtx gave up on my ski doo and im looking to get some more hp out of my nytro thinking about the yamacharger is anyone running one if so how is it. i was thinking about hindle exhaust, pc5 or rb3, air box mod or k@ns, and cr10ek plugs. i was going to do excell but i like the idea of no exhaust gaskets blowing out. everything i read about that shoud get me 15 to 20 hp if done right i just dont want a loud sled i can actually hear my phone ring in my pocket riding down the trail. the yamacharger is saying 15 hp and pricing everything the mods and the yamacharger should be pretty close in price. and just for thoughts if i did both mods would i be in the 160 to 165 hp range but for the price of both i should bolt a supercharger on and be done. :4STroke:

Super or Turbo for sure! The yamacharger just looks to me like the diet caffeine free version of boost and whats the point of that?

For the price of all that stuff you listed, you are in the 180hp turbo kit range. I would get Ulmers 180hp pump gas turbo kit. Runs into the stock muffler so its gonna be quiet

You won't be dissapointed with a 180 kit. Its got wicked throttle response.
I run the MCX180 kit wich does not use the stock muffler, and isnt that quiet either.. Have'nt heard the sound of Ulmers 180 kit tough...

You also got the push turbo kit available from your dealer, but i don't know how you feel about that..

Good luck on your decision

Yamacharger will not work on a Nytro. It needs 10500 rpms to start makin boost and that's a whopping 2 lbs. Save your money and listen to the boys. Boost it!

they do have a nytrocharger and it runs of the secondary. Only starts to make boost at about 60 mph. Sound like it would be hard to clutch it. :4STroke:

Back