• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone using slidekicks Like them??

lockburner2000

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Vector GT
I have been looking for somthing to help with hyfax wear and was wondering if any one was using slidekicks liked them or not. The hyfax were gone at 1200 miles. I added the low snow kit with thw new slides.

I know a guy who had them and they fell of or something and marred up his rails etc... he removed them.

I have them, just haven't had to use them yet this year.

Attachments

• DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 76
Let me know how they are working. I am going to order some of the spring type for now i think. Tails are open but there all ice so i need to get somthing on there to keep riding or change slides every other trip.

I really wonder why they wear so much. Riding with a doo and older poo and they were holding up just fine. I have my track set 1" sag with no weight.

lockburner2000 said:
Let me know how they are working. I am going to order some of the spring type for now i think. Tails are open but there all ice so i need to get somthing on there to keep riding or change slides every other trip.

I really wonder why they wear so much. Riding with a doo and older poo and they were holding up just fine. I have my track set 1" sag with no weight.

Short answer, they will wear until the idlers can take over some of the load.
Poo's and Doo's use a slightly larger wheel so the weight on the slides and idlers is more equal, unlike the Yamaha ones. :o|

I wonder if poo has gone to a smaller wheel on there newer sleds because 2 out of the 3 poos had bad slide trouble stuck the track to the slides on one. At least mine was not even close to as bad as there sleds could smell there sleds all day. They stop and the track clips were full of plastic.

I have the newest sled by 9 years out of the group witch has the tallest track lug height. So i know i need deaper snow just that that guy riding that doo was on my butt about my slides wearing so fast.

When I was on the Munising Ride, I lost one of the Slick Kicks, and they were attached with a 3/8" bolt, and yes they were tight. So I removed the other side, and removed the little eye bolts also. All these scratchers act different when the skid and rails are all built up with snow and ice.
After talking with some of the guys on the ride, I might try the type that attach to the skis.

slidekicks

I have these on my Apex and on a Vector. My opinion is they work well. I've noticed more snow/ice build up underneath the sled and on the rails since starting to use them. This is the 2nd season with them. The only negative I can report is that they do loosen up periodically. Not a big deal, though. Just remember to check them every so often. I do like the fact that they flex and you can go in reverse with them to. The only other thing you will notice is other sledders (whom aren't familiar with them or ice scratchers) coming up to you or pointing and saying something is broke on your sled :dunno:

i tried the slidekicks. didn't think they worked that well, plus didn't like the way they stuck out the sides of the slide rail when they were up. i could see bad things happening there. i bought a set like the ones you ordered and love them.

We've compared the sidekicks to running board mounted conventional scratchers. On ice, where you need them most sidekicks do not work as well. Better than nothing but 50% LESS ice in skid. In snow sidekicks work as well or better,

Back