• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyway to temporairly muffle the filters?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Took my first RX1 out and its soo loud my ears ring for a day afterwards and I'm trying to track it down. I bought it with the filter kit installed and I'm wondering is there anyway to muffle them easily just to see how much noise is coming from them? I have a stock muffler and it doesn't seem to be exhaust noise just a loud buzzing noise between 5000-8000 rpms. Thanks!

I can relate to that. My ECP's seem louder than the Bender I have. Between the two, it has a nice souped-up V8 sound to it. :flag:

ubuyitirideit said:
how loud is the intake sound with these filters?, for trail riding is it anoying?

Nope...sounds great and you really only hear it when you load the engine hard (accelerating). The track howl is MUCH louder at trail speed.

kinger said:
Took my first RX1 out and its soo loud my ears ring for a day afterwards and I'm trying to track it down. I bought it with the filter kit installed and I'm wondering is there anyway to muffle them easily just to see how much noise is coming from them? I have a stock muffler and it doesn't seem to be exhaust noise just a loud buzzing noise between 5000-8000 rpms. Thanks!

Don't be a Girl kinger!!! Just kidding of course.

The filters are still loud but I changed to a 9833 track and wow that sled is silent when coming to a stop and free rolling. The filters sound awsome but if you get in a spot where your crusing at the same speed for more then 1 min intervals they can still get a little annoying. If you constantly on and off the gas the sound kicks azz! I'm happy with the volume level, so happy I'm adding the excel exhaust LOL.

Back