• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex 2011 normal idle noise ?

Hardstep11

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
Hi just bought this 2011 10k miles. Any idea what this sound is ? Thanks a lot.

If the EXUP is broken you'll go into cardiac arrest when you price it.

Sold my low mile used EXUP last week, I’m already enjoying less maintenance. Lol

You have headers in place of it now?
Yes, scooped one of Ulmer’s last headers a while ago and a set of copper donuts to go with it. She’s sealed tight and down near the bottom of my list of worries with this thing now.

Sorry for the post hijack btw, your sled’s exhaust system needs attention asap.

When I do the rag test ,cold it fails but warm it almost dies

Last edited:
Given how much the price of the EXUP has gone up, it would be great to see someone do another run of headers.

Given how much the price of the EXUP has gone up, it would be great to see someone do another run of headers.
I think Turbor in Quebec will still build a header, but I have no idea what the lead time is for one and never liked the fact it’s not bolted anywhere for support. The flex pipes don’t normally react well to added stress.

To the OP, time to start pulling things apart to track down the noise. Good news is 2011+ Apexs come apart very quick/easy compared to the older generation of sled.

I would think the header would eliminate the midrange drone these are known for....?

I would think the header would eliminate the midrange drone these are known for....?
No sir, just changes it to some degree. It’s still there and it’s honestly one of the only negatives about the sled day to day. I think one of the reasons Yammy put the EXUP on the second generation Apex was to quiet/lesson the dreaded drone, but it didn’t really work out all that well now did it? Lol

Back