• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Bulkhead Replacement Help Needed

@maim does your youngest brother also have a blue ox? That's some brute! ;)!

lol no. he is the only guy i have seen "flick" a trail width rx war with a 151" track in the powder. he has trail apex front end on his 09 mtx and flicks/tosses it around. his buddies on their back country sleds usually take the bypass and shake their heads when riding with him. heck he looses me on the trail riding either of those sleds if he is in front.

I had a cracked bulkhead on my 06 GT a few years ago and had to replace it. It was a job... but doable.
1208181356.jpg

I have been working on this today. I have another question. How did you get the bolt off of the steering rod that is connected to the steering shaft? I can go the kotter pin and the nut off but now cannot get the bolt out of the steering column. Do I need to get a puller? I applied some hammer force and it did not move. Help?

If you're referring to this part, I had to replace mine and found heat helped get the bolt out. It's almost like it's pressed on. I even tried a C-clamp but didn't have much luck. When re-installing and since I completely removed the rod, I stuck it in a freezer for a couple of hours and then used heat gun to heat up area around hole and it slid right into place.

SteeringSlop.JPG

I have been working on this today. I have another question. How did you get the bolt off of the steering rod that is connected to the steering shaft? I can go the kotter pin and the nut off but now cannot get the bolt out of the steering column. Do I need to get a puller? I applied some hammer force and it did not move. Help?
Just hit on the side of it with a hammer the vibration will loosen it up.

Back