• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex cold start relay

Darren Betker

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex gt
Ok. Sled sat for 15 minutes in -15° last night and would turn over fine.....i have 0w40 synthetic to thank for with that......but wouldnt fire. Fed up with this issue so i ordered a yamaha red relay.
When it comes in i will let you know how it works.
Irdered two. One for my gt and one for my wifes rtx.

Last edited:

I have been on a yammie 4 stroke since the Rx1 and I have never had this issue. I don't even know what the red relay is and I thought i knew everything about this sled. Crazy!

It's been out for a few years, the electronic relay, no contacts to freeze up. I've replace the old style relay a few times.

Iv ordered two: 8GN-81950-00-00. 1 for my 06 gt and one for my wifes 06 rtx .i was told this was the electronic replacement fix for the old relay. If this is incorect please someone tell me so i can change the order.

If you don't see a relay with a red body on it on your sled, then no. Unless the prior owner swapped it out.
Thanks, I will get Kevin to ship me one right away.

Just had this issue with our 2010 Nytro too and now I need to check the APEX.
Sounds like I'll be ordering these new red solid state relays in bulk :)

Problem is the 8GN-81950-00 didn't fit in the Nytro so I'm not 100% sure it's the right one.

Back