• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex ER shocks

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
How good are the shocks that come with the Apex ER and how many miles should you go between rebuild of those shocks?

I would imagine the shocks are similar to the RX-1. If thats the case I was happy with the front shocks, thus the reason for my Apex ER order. I put on 7,500 miles on the original shocks with no rebuilds. I had no shock failures. I was probably pushing it a little. I would have had them rebuild this year.

(Kayaba) they should be fine,they won't be as good as the GYT - R or the Ohlins because of the lack of rebound and compression dampining,but that can be fixed with the right internal washer stack by a qualified shock technician.Depending on how many miles you put on the shocks usually determines the rebuild schedual,but I like to re-build them every year.

(Kayaba) they should be fine,they won't be as good as the GYT - R or the Ohlins because of the lack of rebound and compression dampining,but that can be fixed with the right internal washer stack by a qualified shock technician.Depending on how many miles you put on the shocks usually determines the rebuild schedual,but I like to re-build them every year.
I bought an 06 Apex late last season. What determines the washer stack when rebuilding? I'm not getting any lighter at 225 or so. The back end rides like they need servicing.

Back