• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex error codes 33,34 and 36?

MCApex44

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper RTX SE (sold)
I tried to open/download the list of error codes from the FAQ's on the Apex forum but it will not open. Can someone tell me what codes 33, 34 and 36 are?

The story...Yesterday and this morning the morning temps were close to or below zero. Yesterday my Apex started after a few attempts and ran all day but this morning I just couldnt get her started. It started (or tried to start) two times and would run for 1-3 seconds then just conk out. Now it will just turn over without starting. Everything cycles normal (pre-start). The yellow light continues to flash and I have codes 33,34 and 36 flashing now.

Thanks

Len Todd said:
You can test your coils. See attached file.

Len, when I click on download an extra screen pops up but it doesnt show anything for the download. The same think happens on the FAQ's thread. Is it possible you cut and paste the info you wanted me to see on a seperate post?

Thanks,
Mark

Do you have a PDF reader on your computer? You can get it free off the internet. Other wise you have a setting messed up on your browser.

The attacment works for me. Also the attachment with the codes works too.

If I cut and paste, you loose the figures that go with the text.

IGNITION COIL
1. Disconnect:
 Ignition coil lead
2. Connect:
 Pocket tester
3. Measure:
 Primary coil resistance a
 Secondary coil resistance b
Out of specification  Replace.
Primary coil resistance:
0.16 - 0.22  at 20C (68F)
Secondary coil resistance:
5.0 - 6.8 k at 20C (68F)

Again, thanks for the help guys. Figured I would post an update. We found that the ig.module went bad. Unhooked the Ignition Module connections and plugged the stock connections back together and she started right up with no codes showing. Put about 50miles on it and she runs as great as ever. I mailed the Ignition Module back to Dynojet and they are sending me out a new one.

Back