• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX GEARING

SharkAttak

TY 4 Stroke God
is there a difference in gearing from the 06' to the 07', also, what is the gearing in the attak compaired to the apex, which is faster

1CrazySledder said:
Tha 2006 Attack has a 23t top gear. I had baught this gear from Ulmer for my 06 RTX.

-1CS

Have you already tried your Apex with the 23??? That's what I put on my 07 Apex... I'm anxious to try it...... :letsnow:

Hey yamstock1 i've just installed 23/37 on my '07 rtx and i kept the same chain (68L)it's gonna be way faster than the stock gearing 22/38. i can't wait to try it maybe at the cabanon at the end of november...

agaguk said:
Hey yamstock1 i've just installed 23/37 on my '07 rtx and i kept the same chain (68L)it's gonna be way faster than the stock gearing 22/38. i can't wait to try it maybe at the cabanon at the end of november...

I have been talking to my dealer about this, and he says he thinks your full shift of your transmission sheaves will not happen ????

any thoughts u guys ?

agaguk said:

Ok, what I have on mine is 23-38...... and yes, I will try it at the Cabanon as soon as the lake will freeze....... :Rockon:

if stock gearing is 22/38 and u went to 23/37,i could be wrong but would that be basically the same as stock..u went up on top and down on bottom,did he not cancell both out....

Red800, That's what I would think.... Yamstock1, will have the bigger change.

you're wrong red800 the top gear gear is the drive gear and the bottom gear is the driven gear as for the clutchs whe your secondary clutch open and the belt going down you increase your speed. so the bottom gear is driven when you going down one tooth you increase your speed. 23/37 is the tallest gearing if you want to keep the stock 68 links chain as found on the '07 rtx...

22/38 = 1.73:1 ratio

23/37 = 1.61:1 ratio

23/38 = 1.65:1 ratio

Generally for ever 1 tooth on the top gear is generally worth close to 2 teeth on the bottom gear.

Examples:
24/38 = 1.58:1 ratio

24/40 = 1.67:1 ratio

23/38 = 1.65:1 ratio

gearing

Yamstock i think your on the good way with 23/38

Winter is coming soon

let it snow let it snow let it snow

yamstock1 said:
1CrazySledder said:
Tha 2006 Attack has a 23t top gear. I had baught this gear from Ulmer for my 06 RTX.

-1CS

Have you already tried your Apex with the 23??? That's what I put on my 07 Apex... I'm anxious to try it...... :letsnow:

I haven't even installed it yet. I'm in the middle of putting my 136" Expert in and the tunnel ext. and a few other things. I'll install the gear when I change out the tracks. I should get going on this stuff, only 1 month left before trails here in WI can open.

-1CS

agaguk said:
you're wrong red800 the top gear gear is the drive gear and the bottom gear is the driven gear as for the clutchs whe your secondary clutch open and the belt going down you increase your speed. so the bottom gear is driven when you going down one tooth you increase your speed. 23/37 is the tallest gearing if you want to keep the stock 68 links chain as found on the '07 rtx...
So you geared it taller..... What makes you think it can pull it and how much more top end are you going to have?

Back