• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX GEARING

the gear ratio that i will used is between a attack and a aper er/gt. keep in mind that the '07 rtxare geared 2 tooths down on the upper gear compare :yam: d to a '06 rtx....

The Apex is geared for 130mph. It will never pull it. Leaving it at the stock ratio would have been better to see if there would have been any top end loss compared to an 06. Why do you think the Attack is faster than the Apex and has the same top end, depending on the condition. On solid glare ice the there may be a difference, but on snow the Attack is faster in a straight line, from bottom to top. I'm not saying you are not going to notice much, but I just don't think it's going to be a rocket like you say it will.

u basically geared your apex similar to an 06 rtx,which is to tall and they cannot pull the gear...isnt there just a 1 tooth difference between the attack and apex er/gt...

I have a 06 apex stretched to a 136" I have ulmer's clutch kit. I have tons of low end take off speed.. but I'm loosing top end. Only 101 mph. Just wondering what gear change I could do to get more top end speed. Does the stock 136 have different gearing than a 121?
I guess what I'm getting at is...if I have stock 121" gears is there a gear change that can give me more top end??

I have a 06 apex stretched to a 136" I have ulmer's clutch kit. I have tons of low end take off speed.. but I'm loosing top end. Only 101 mph. Just wondering what gear change I could do to get more top end speed. Does the stock 136 have different gearing than a 121?
I guess what I'm getting at is...if I have stock 121" gears is there a gear change that can give me more top end??

Did you go down one tooth on the top after going to the 136? Attak and LTX stock 136 track models have a 23T top, the Apex had 24T. What is your full shift out (tach rpm's) at when you are at top speed?

Did you go down one tooth on the top after going to the 136? Attak and LTX stock 136 track models have a 23T top, the Apex had 24T. What is your full shift out (tach rpm's) at when you are at top speed?
I bought the sled and the swap was already made so I will have to take my cover off and check m gears. Most likely has stock 121 gears. And I did not think of checking my rps

But is it possible if they didn't change it to a 23 that's why I'm missing on some top end?

But is it possible if they didn't change it to a 23 that's why I'm missing on some top end?

Could be, but there are other things that could factor in. The common things on these are the drive shaft/speedo side bearing, suspension wheels and bearings, hyfax wear,jackshaft bearing. The tach should stick around 10,700-10,800 at shift out.

How many miles are on it? How do the clutches and the belt look? Have the clutches been off lately? I like to take them apart every season, take the springs out and check all the bushings on the clutches. Any worn bushings can also cause excessive drag and poor performance.

I have a 2007 Attak 136 and had it up over 120 on the speedo this winter, they lie a bit over 100 but I am sure I broke the century mark.

Could be, but there are other things that could factor in. The common things on these are the drive shaft/speedo side bearing, suspension wheels and bearings, hyfax wear,jackshaft bearing. The tach should stick around 10,700-10,800 at shift out.

How many miles are on it? How do the clutches and the belt look? Have the clutches been off lately? I like to take them apart every season, take the springs out and check all the bushings on the clutches. Any worn bushings can also cause excessive drag and poor performance.

I have a 2007 Attak 136 and had it up over 120 on the speedo this winter, they lie a bit over 100 but I am sure I broke the century mark.
Clutches are good . Have ulmer's healix primary spring and weights

Clutches are good . Have ulmer's healix primary spring and weights

I never have used the Ulmer kit, I run the ProLine setup with Dalton parts. It works fantastic and wouldn't trade it for anything...unless it performed better but I have yet to see anything beat this setup on an Apex. The only other upgrade is I have a 1.25" Ripsaw II track, much,much better than the factory Ripsaw.

101 speedo or GPS?

Last year I did a little checking back and forth, had handlebar mount gps turned on Speedo mode, the Speedo was very close until you hit 100, then it starts seperating. At 90 I was doing 88, at 100 I was doing 95. When you get way up there it’s hard to glance, take eyes off the trail and that might be your last ride.....alive.

Last edited:

Back