• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex gt availability

150 Fuelie

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lack of suspension durability is the reason most of the old farts are cancelling their 06's and are going with the Polaris turbo. After evaluating the 06's we feel they have not addressed the problem to our satisfaction.

The sleds are bullet proof except for the rear suspension and the front A arms. We all had rail failures and H arms break multipal times. Several of us had A arms failures. Yamaha said they have excess mileage on them there for it is a normal wear item. Others with lower mileage were not under warranty because they had been welded during bagger trips or when replacement parts were not available in a timely manner.

Typically the problems began at 2000 miles. Mine has 9473 miles and both the rails and H arms need replacement for the third time.

All the 06 monos come with rail reinforcements, bigger bump stops (to stop the pivot arrm cracking) and other upgrades.
I believe they will have a least part of this as a retro upgrade for the 05

Hey Scooby,

The old farts group has always seemed to be the cutting edge of durability and other testing over the years that I've been a member of TY yet I've never met any one of you in person.

I'd really like to meet with your group and compare notes, please contact me though my profile.

Steve we are not on the cutting edge it is just that we have afair amount of sleds and we ride a lot and share our info. I welcome talking with you any time. A matter of fact we have invited TY members to stop off at Dan's place any time on the Cisco chain and several have.

Tork your reply seems to be sarcastic toward the old farts sharing information. What is up. :flag:

Could someone explain this "old farts group" to me ? What is the deal with RX-1's or Apex's having rear suspension problems?
Where there big problems with the monoshock rear suspension ?

thanks.

My dealer told me he only had two left and Im not sure if it was just a scare tactic or if he really could only get so many or only ordered so many!

Ordered GT on 22ed and dealer took order and said Yamaha told him to give them a number for GT`s by first week in mar.
Matt from Yamaha at the show in Watertown confirmed dealers had to order a certain number by early march.

First of all they have rail reinforcements on the 06 models as well as other unnamed improvements. Plus I'm betting they will have a retro kit for the 05 sleds and it will likely cost you nothing.

Scooby said:
Tork your reply seems to be sarcastic toward the old farts sharing information. What is up. :flag:

Sarcastic humor. :? The thought of geriatric people with gas problems
romping their sleds around tearing up suspensions struck me as funny :D

Anyway the 06 sleds are going to be sweet. Dont cheat yourself now.

My neighbor has an '03 RX with less than 4k on it. He has to shell out $6k for trade to get the GT. I think I'd be keeping mine as a spare or selling out right.

Tork

Collectively we have nine 05 RX1 sleds in our group with a combined mileage greater than 80,000 miles. Some of the guys maybe old But I know they can and do ride with the best.

Don't worry Scooby you guys have been around for a year longer than most of these newbies and many of us respect what you post. Dan and his group have proved an invaluable asset in the past.

Yamaha has had suspension durability issues for the past 3 years and it seems more flagrant this year especially with the high mileage riders.

Jim

Impalapower we have one 05 RX1 with 11,090.

Not included in the 80,000 plus is a 04 warrior with 22,953 and has been very trouble free except wear type items.

Back