• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex MPI S/C pulley size?

Zuki1216

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Apex LTX
07' Attak MPI S/C
The sled I bought was setup to run 10-12lbs, but I don't care to run race fuel all the time like the previous owner did. So I'm setting it back up to the original 5-6lbs. Unless I can get away with a bit more? Changed ignition to PCV-PTI and added the ignition module. I read somewhere to pull 1 degree per 1lbs? Would like to run as much as possible on pump with no shim. Is 8 safe, or should I stick to 5-6? Also is there a special way to reinstall the pulleys so the are aligned correctly? looked like they weren't completly parrallel with each other before I pulled them off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The sled I bought was setup to run 10-12lbs, but I don't care to run race fuel all the time like the previous owner did. So I'm setting it back up to the original 5-6lbs. Unless I can get away with a bit more? Changed ignition to PCV-PTI and added the ignition module. I read somewhere to pull 1 degree per 1lbs? Would like to run as much as possible on pump with no shim. Is 8 safe, or should I stick to 5-6? Also is there a special way to reinstall the pulleys so the are aligned correctly? looked like they weren't completly parrallel with each other before I pulled them off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Been awhile since I had my MPI Supercharger so I may be off below but I think my memory is correct.
Depending on the age of the kit you are likely running 26/22 pulley's for high boost or 27/23. Reverse them for low boost.
8 PSI is a potential/likely engine destroyer on Stock compression on a pre 2011 Apex.
I was told by MPI I could run 24/24 on my 2013 Apex which is about 8 PSI due to the Deto Sensor and the ability to pull timing.
You might be able to run 24/24 on a pre 2011 if you pull some timing on your PCV but you will need to hear that from someone more knowledgeable than me on that one.
My pulley's were not lined up 100% & I had no issues. As long as the belt isn't touching pulley edges you should be fine.

What is the boost with 23T on the crank and 27T on the top? I'm at 1000ft elevation on a 2011 Apex

Back