• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Mtn Torsion Springs

Any tip's or tricks for changing these things? I purchased the 1900's and want to get them changed out this week end and am looking for any "need to know info" or "must do" tricks while changing these springs.

Koeckman said:
Any tip's or tricks for changing these things? I purchased the 1900's and want to get them changed out this week end and am looking for any "need to know info" or "must do" tricks while changing these springs.

Support rear of sled from bumber,
not high, just enough to take almost all pressure off skid
pull up on front most spring arm then rotate collar forward.
pull tensioned spring to the outside of track and slowly release

Springs should be loose at this time, unbolt from drop brackets then slide springs off

Good luck
;)!

What is the best way to unbolt the axle/rod that is bolted to the drop brackets? Once you loosen the bolt on one side of the rod, the other side just wants to turn the entire rod/axle.

Koeckman said:
What is the best way to unbolt the axle/rod that is bolted to the drop brackets? Once you loosen the bolt on one side of the rod, the other side just wants to turn the entire rod/axle.

On the rear one (bolted thru the drop brackets), you can use the spacer/collar that holds the idler wheel on. Use the set screw, and put in an allen wrench to hold the shaft in place. Thats what I did.

Back