• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mtx low elevation kit

jneilsonjr

Veteran
i just picked up a 08 apex mtx, i ride at max 2200' and i was wondering if i should change the gearing in it. The low elevation kit from yamaha says to change the gearing from 40/20 to 40/22. I kind of feel that will make the gearing too tall. Any input?

jneilsonjr said:
i just picked up a 08 apex mtx, i ride at max 2200' and i was wondering if i should change the gearing in it. The low elevation kit from yamaha says to change the gearing from 40/20 to 40/22. I kind of feel that will make the gearing too tall. Any input?

i kept mine the way 20/40 and it works fine....with that lug height the track will come apart at high speeds......my track was shot after 5000kms and yamaha put a new one on under warranty.....i also have 2 sets of ice scratchers mounted and supertips and a shockwave helix......

i kept mine the way 20/40 and it works fine....with that lug height the track will come apart at high speeds......my track was shot after 5000kms and yamaha put a new one on under warranty.....i also have 2 sets of ice scratchers mounted and supertips and a shockwave helix......

Back