• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mtx rpm?

catt_tracker

Veteran
I just got my apex mtx 100% stock in 8" of snow on flat ground it bounces of the rev limiter. Should I worry about it or wait until we get better snow and check it climbing?

You need to check it at the altitude you ride at before you play with the clutching. On flat land they usually over rev and hit the limiter.

Might need some tip weight then to hold the rpms down or a different spring in the primary. I am no expert though at clutching.

Just loosen the secondary a bit if you ride a lot in these conditions. If you usually ride higher and in powder you need the revs to stay up it is common to hit the limiter down lower on the trails when set up for max rpm climbing. Adjustable primary weights allow me to just add a set screw down low and pull it if it is deep and heavy up high.

There are several companies making adjustable weights , I run a team secondary from Hartman he has complete clutching set ups , I however run my own with heelklickers down in the low 50 gram range and all I do is change tip weight for trail riding down low and pull some for deep snow up high 2 minute job. You can get a respectable job done with the stock weights and secondary it just will not shift as buttery smooth as the roller secondary with fine tuned primary set ups. I personally enjoy building smooth shifting clutch set ups the playing with it is halve the fun for me.

Back