• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mtx track speed

The fastest I've had my speedometer is 93 mph-on a lake in powder wide open.

Is that what you're after?

My wifes nytro will run 38 in deep powder I figured the extra power on the Apex would get it up a little higher. When I had my tapex at 13 lbs of boost it would run right about 82-83.

My wifes nytro will run 38 in deep powder I figured the extra power on the Apex would get it up a little higher. When I had my tapex at 13 lbs of boost it would run right about 82-83.

Yes boost will corupt you :) but the dialed Apex will always outdoo the Nytro by a litle --Make sure you run at least 10500 to 10800 rpm keep it on the high end to see bes results.

I way overstepped my ability when I bought the turbo apex. I loved the sled but it was insane when opened up. I'm thinking about getting a stock apex mtx, but don't want my wife's stock nytro to kick my butt!! Her nytro just doesn't seem to float on the powder like my apex did.

A set of sly dog 8 inch powderhounds and powerclaw track will help the Nytro float. Also tighten up the secondary for higher RPM and faster backshift if you run stock clutching this will help the Nytro a bunch especialy up high. The Apex will still be a bit better especially if it has some lightweight mods. Mine is just arround 520 pounds full off fluids and the tank almost dry--it gives any of the new 800s a real good run for the money :)

Everything exept the tunnel - it is moded with drop brackets and alum bumper, could loose probably an other 10 15 pounds there.

Sly dog skis -Bark buster front end - Holz skid - Mt mod seat andHood with headlight delete( have small light on handlebars) shorai batterie Home made Bike exhaust system, Float shocks all around piggy backs on skid - removed all hood hinges replaced with aluminium side plates hood is held in place by rubber straps (old Phazer style) just look at everyting you do not need and turf it. 50 gram heelklicker weights there is some weight savings and performance gain :) i also run a team secondary

I just bought a 2008 apex mtx anniversary edition with fox floats. Any tuning or clutching advise is appreciated. I ride from 7-10k and I am 240 lbs. The sled has 700 miles and is 100% stock.

All dpends on how much you want to mess with it. at least make sure t is set up for 10 000 feet with the yamaha clutching specs. You may need the secondary a tad tighter for RPM and backshift 10800 rpm in a climb is happiness. You can get totaly caried away with what you can do to them , make sure it has the deflector in the back of the tunnel so it does not wreck your track. If the track is damaged go with a powder claw 15 wide the Apex realy likes it.

This is what hapens when you get carried away.
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1184.jpgIMG_1184.jpgIMG_1184.jpg

Back