• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Oil Filter on Turbo sled, anyone used the shorter 3 cylinder filter on their sled?

hlmrx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hi all, has anyone installed and run the shorter (Vector/Phazer) oil filter in their Apex machines? I find that with the turbo and oil filter supply kit that goes on it decreases at least 1/2" of space for your oil filter and is very hard to remove especially as you can't get a decent oil wrench on it. I may have used a Yamaha short filter before but can't recall if I did. The current oil filter that was installed was the longer one 5GH-13440-60 and I have a KN-147 (short) filter that I was going to install. I chose that one as it has a 17mm nut on the end in order for easy removal with a wrench. I'm wondering if I should have ordered the KN-204 which also has a nut on the end. If I knew that one would fit and be easily removed I would have ordered that one.
I'm also aware that a filter relocation kit would be the answer, but not sure if their available anymore and by the time I would get it, riding season would be over.

Back