• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex power commander V mapping

greenmtnboys

Veteran
Hi I purchased a power commander V and a auto tune unit for my 08 Apex mountain with a stage 1 supercharger but I cannot seem to get any answers on base mappings , Do I need mapping for the machine prior to running it and if so where or how do I get it? I am kind of a techno tard any help would be appreciated

Hi I purchased a power commander V and a auto tune unit for my 08 Apex mountain with a stage 1 supercharger but I cannot seem to get any answers on base mappings , Do I need mapping for the machine prior to running it and if so where or how do I get it? I am kind of a techno tard any help would be appreciated

Was the sled previously running a supercharger and gems controller?

If you don’t have the gems controller or remapped ecu and looking to add fuel with the PCV then you will need a rough fuel map to at least start out.

Yes my Gems controller packed it in so now I'm opening this can of worms

Did you get the PCV with PTI? Your going to need the Bosch map sensor for boost, and yea your gonna need to create a rough map to start out.

So I go on power commanders website to get the program and then find someones mapping that is close to my altitude and sled info and put the numbers into the controller?

You have the auto tune with O2 sensor?

Altitude will have really little effect on your tune because it’s speed density tuning with an absolute pressure sensor (map)

The fuel map is really not that hard to tune. Set your afr targets in autotune, and roughly set your fuel correction table.

The PCV adds fuel as a percentage so if you are below zero boost then you probably won’t need any xtra fuel added because your running in the vacuum zone. Once you get above 100kpa you can start adding the same amount of fuel just subtract 100 from the pressure level. For example at 125 kpa you would add 25% fuel, 150 kpa would be 50% more fuel. Now since your under boost go a bit more to be safe then let the auto tune correct for fine adjustment.

So at 125 kpa go 30% more fuel and 150 kpa go 60% ect. Run a splash of race fuel just in case your lean, that way you don’t hurt your motor.

Power commander has videos I suggest you watch, they will help you with auto tune

What boost levels are you tuning too?

Last edited:

Watch this vid, should help.

Hi all I'm back to the sled project time to rejuvenate this thread ,I am running the 8 lb boost pulleys I have been snooping around on here for a base map but am not sure which one to start with. Mr Sled seems to be one of the gurus in this dept.

Hi all I'm back to the sled project time to rejuvenate this thread ,I am running the 8 lb boost pulleys I have been snooping around on here for a base map but am not sure which one to start with. Mr Sled seems to be one of the gurus in this dept.

I wouldnt say that, but I am pretty good at tuning them. Base maps are the trick with the correct pressure tables and AFRs.

Back