• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex problem

boostedmayhem

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 yamaha apex turbo
2022 polaris pro matryx slash boost
Im having an issue with getting my apex to start, it was running and starting fine last season when I put in storage for the year and was going to move it and get it ready for the season but it will not start, its stored in a climate controlled shop and usually have a battery tender hooked to it. It cranks over just will not fire, or even act like it wants to, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im having an issue with getting my apex to start, it was running and starting fine last season when I put in storage for the year and was going to move it and get it ready for the season but it will not start, its stored in a climate controlled shop and usually have a battery tender hooked to it. It cranks over just will not fire, or even act like it wants to, any help would be greatly appreciated.

First ensure you have fuel in tank[I know over obvious]

Sounds like a fuel pump issue.
-Check that you can hear the fuel pump cycle when you turn key on[stock pump]
-Check/swap fuel pump relay
-check fuel pump fuses

I have half tank of fuel, it has an aftermarket msd fuel pump mounted near injector rail, I can hear it cycle when I turn the key on and off, I can also hear fuel running back into the tank, I was almost wondering if my fuel pres. Regulator was possibly the problem?

I have half tank of fuel, it has an aftermarket msd fuel pump mounted near injector rail, I can hear it cycle when I turn the key on and off, I can also hear fuel running back into the tank, I was almost wondering if my fuel pres. Regulator was possibly the problem?

Unlikely....if it worked when you parked it usely something simple has occurred that triggers the no start issue.

Things to check:

-kill switch in the run position
-most boosted sleds have a tether switch...check tether secure, check connections
-after market pumps when they are installed usually have the stock fuel tank pump removed so they have no pressure feed and they can loose their prime...you may have to pull the output line on the pump to the fuel rail off and run it until it starts spraying fuel....you may even have to plug the vent line on fuel tank then blow in fuel tank until pump picks up the fuel....I would bet this is the problem

Issues like this are usually very simple problems that cause major issues

JM.02c

Thing is i can hear fuel running back into the tank from the return line off the fuel pres. Regulator so I assumed the pump was pumping fuel? I also wondered if it was possible maybe a harness connector somewhere got moisture in it and after sitting created a bad connection? This is the first time ive had this issue, it has always fired right up, and if it didnt was only because I forgot to put the battery tender on it and the battery was weak, once a small charge was put on it it would fire up.

Pull the output line off that fuel pump and make sure it is pumping fuel if it definitely pumps fuel then check for codes...if none...boost it with a good battery....if it still doesn't start I am out of ideas

I will give it all a shot when I get home. Thank you for the help, its much appreciated!

Fuses were actually the first thing I checked.

boost it see what happens crack the throttle abit when cranking.

Ok, I will be home in about an hour and try it. Will let you guys know how it goes, thank you guys for the help, ive been banging my head against the wall trying to get it figured out

Ok, I will be home in about an hour and try it. Will let you guys know how it goes, thank you guys for the help, ive been banging my head against the wall trying to get it figured out
I'd try shooting some fuel into intake boots...if she fires, you know it's fuel delivery related.

Ok will give it a shot, thank you for the help

I know it's a pain in the butt, but you could pull a plug and see if its wet and while it's out check for spark. Lastly if you have one check your compression, I highly doubt tht is the issue. How old is the fuel?

Ive got it tore down enough pulling a plug will be relatively easy, and I do have a comp. Tester so will do that also while I have it apart, its a pretty low mile sled so im hoping compression is good, only has 1500 miles on it. But I guess you never know. It has the je low comp pistons for turbo, along with corrillo rods, and arp head studs. And as far as fuel, its fresh

Back