• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex rear Bushings location?

SUC_doo

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
17 sidewinder rtx, 08 apex ltx gt, 01 formula deluxe
How many bushings is there in the rear suspension, I'm reading 8, but i only know where four are located....the 4 big ones that go on each side where skid mounts.

Also, My rear arm that mounts to skid, i can pull it side to side a little bit by hand is this normal? Or mean its time for new bushings?

I am counting four #3 bushings(two on each side) on your front mounts, four #13 bushings(two on each side) at the rear of that pivot arm where the two grease nipples are, and two #37 solid bushings at the rear mount. Is the rear mount torqued properly(61 ft. lbs.), or good&tite?

I am counting four #3 bushings(two on each side) on your front mounts, four #13 bushings(two on each side) at the rear of that pivot arm where the two grease nipples are, and two #37 solid bushings at the rear mount. Is the rear mount torqued properly(61 ft. lbs.), or good&tite?
looks to me like the apex only has 1 on each side on front mount?.....1 on each side of the rear mount? With a spacer on both sides. Inless im missing something ....im not sure of the torque setting but it seems tight

If you are looking at the Portyamaha fiche, the front mount has a section on the left side and a section on the right side, each one of those has a bolt going through them and a nut, and there should be a bushing on the bolt end and a bushing going in from the nut end, for a total of four. Those front mounts are the top end of a pivot arm, if you follow that to the other end, you will see it attached with a bolt and a nut, on the left side and the right side right underneath a grease zerk, so there is four more. And one on each side of the rear mount. I personally have never changed them but have been thinking about it lately, so this knowledge comes only from looking at the fiche.

If you are looking at the Portyamaha fiche, the front mount has a section on the left side and a section on the right side, each one of those has a bolt going through them and a nut, and there should be a bushing on the bolt end and a bushing going in from the nut end, for a total of four. Those front mounts are the top end of a pivot arm, if you follow that to the other end, you will see it attached with a bolt and a nut, on the left side and the right side right underneath a grease zerk, so there is four more. And one on each side of the rear mount. I personally have never changed them but have been thinking about it lately, so this knowledge comes only from looking at the fiche.
OK THANKS......could you send me a link to this fiche you speak of to look at?.....your rear arm where it mounts has no side to side play at all? ....i can move mine prolly close to a eight of a inch either way...when i do so i can seen the bushings sliding.

Port Yamaha is one of the sponsors on this site, sorry I don't know how to provide a link, but you can find them on this site, or type in your google search Portyamaha, click on yamaha fiche, where it says by manufacturer-click on Yamaha, then click on Snowmobiles, then 2008, then Apex LTX GT, then Track Suspension 2. How are you checking that movement, with the back end off the ground? Let me know and I'll check mine.

Port Yamaha is one of the sponsors on this site, sorry I don't know how to provide a link, but you can find them on this site, or type in your google search Portyamaha, click on yamaha fiche, where it says by manufacturer-click on Yamaha, then click on Snowmobiles, then 2008, then Apex LTX GT, then Track Suspension 2. How are you checking that movement, with the back end off the ground? Let me know and I'll check mine.
It doesn't matter....if i move the bar side to side with or without weight on it i can slide it side to side....im thinking it must meen the bushings are bad

If we are talking about #31 on the fiche, which is pivot, arm 2, mine is as tight as they come.

http://shop.portyamaha.com/fiche_se...egory=Snowmobiles&make=Yamaha&year=2008&fveh= that is the link to how my my set up is.....i have the two solid ones in back at rear mount but 2 plastic that go on outside with it....i see the 2 here....the 4 up front and the 4 in the back of front mount....i have no play anywhere else other then the rear mount

http://shop.portyamaha.com/fiche_se...egory=Snowmobiles&make=Yamaha&year=2008&fveh= that is the link to how my my set up is.....i have the two solid ones in back at rear mount but 2 plastic that go on outside with it....i see the 2 here....the 4 up front and the 4 in the back of front mount....i have no play anywhere else other then the rear mount
yes 31,,,,pivot arm2.....so where mine moves side to side a little but probably should change the bushings?.....sled has 16000 miles.....there is two solid bushings(35) and two palstic 37....i wonder if i jsut need the plastic ones....the solid ones are 70 bucks

#35 looks like one shaft to me that goes right through with the plastic bushings on each end. So I suspect if the bushings are worn, you would get that 1/8 inch travel. When you drop it down, I would think that shaft would push through and you could check the shaft and the pivot arm it goes through, for wear.

Last edited:
#35 looks like one shaft to me that goes right through with the plastic bushings on each end. So I suspect if the bushings are worn, you would get that 1/8 inch travel. When you drop it down, I would think that shaft would push through and you could check the shaft and the pivot arm it goes through, for wear.
Ok thanks....I'm not the smartest when it comes to mechanics lol.....But with the help of this site .....i have successfully changed all drive line bearings, chain case bearings, track, Shock, Starter, ....just noticed this play and was wondering the cause. I will order 2 bushings and see if it tightens it up.

Back