• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex RTX plus an Attak GT

Carbide

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Apex X-TX -SOLD
'21 Sidewinder L-TX SE
Ok. Humor me a bit. I am new to the 4 stroke sled scene. But REALLY looking forward to the ride. I've had several R1 sport bikes, and my gf has a Waverunner. So I am a HUGE fan of the motors.

I bought a beautiful low miles (studded) 2007 Apex RTX (2,200 miles) this past spring which I have not even ridden yet.

I have now found an even lower mileage (1,400 miles) 2007 Attak GT For a great price.

I plan on riding mostly trails.
I understand the longer tracked (un-studded) Attak offers a bit of a better ride.

I'm considering the purchase and may even keep both sleds, although I'm running outta space!
Might keep both to have a spare for friends. We will see.

Do you feel the longer un-studded Attak will still hook up comparably to the shorter studded Apex RTX?
Is it silly to have 2 very similar sleds?
Just thought I'd give you vets something to toy with while we wait for snow. Lol.

Stay with the RTX

Having 2 sleds almost the same can be a big benefit. Everything you read are just an opinion so you have to weight the value of them all.
I have 2 Vectors and one's a short track like your RTX and ones a 136" like your Attack.
Your Attack is a Rough trail machine and is setup more for pounding the bumps. You seem kind of young and might prefer that .
The Attack is more for comfort and high speed cruising your girlfriend might like that one.
the great thing about having almost identical sleds is you can mix and match parts and keep most of the same wear parts. On your setup the rear suspension is totally different in the RTX compared to the Attack. other than that you could swap most things back and forth.

I prefer the ride on a 136" mono rear suspension to the hard pounding RTX. I think you will find the RTX very firm riding and hard to find something that works good all the time. Do some reading on setup for the RTX, the guys that have them can dial you in !

The air shocks on the front of the RTX are not he best overall very stiff and hard to setup for a plush ride over varying terrain. The Mono skid in the Attack can be setup very easy and can be improved to take the big bumps also. I feel the coil over front shocks with the reservoirs will be twice as nice as the air shocks.

The RTX with the short track will be faster in the woods . They tend to turn quicker that the longer tracks. The 136 " will be much more stable at high speeds. I can tell the difference right away when switching back and forth .

The hookup on the tracks can change in the varying conditions on the trail . In a drag race on very hard pan my shorty with studs is quicker. loose snow conditions and my 136" non studded is quicker .

Get them both if you can get a deal and enjoy!

It's great having 2 sleds especially same model. You can always invite a newbie along. It's fun to watch their excitement if it's their first time. Also, you can invite veteran friends that live far away.....say......CT

The 2007 RTX or Rough Trail X(cross) has the CK suspension. This was Yamaha's suspension to handle the rougher and bigger bumps. Some love it, some hate it just like the Mono in the 2007 Attak.
You will get a few different opinions on here.
So it will depend on where you like to ride and how you like to ride.
The 2007 RTX will be slower at the top end over the Attak. Its geared down for the quick corner to corner riding. This can easily be changed with a gear change.
Either machine will put a smile on your face. A few tweaks and mods will keep that smile on your face all day.

The rtx will be slower on top even geared the same a clutched seen it many times and they a stiff but some revalving will help.the long track studded and shock revalved will drive way smother on bumps.Both a super sleds with two diffetrant purposes one rough trail one groomed trai!.You will enjoy both.Rtxwill corner better

DGZRT. Fooled ya with my Lol. I'm 53. :D

Thinking I might make the final offer monday. They've had it for several weeks. Got them down a bit so far.

2007 Yamaha Attak GT (A001089) - atvs, utvs, snowmobiles - by dealer - vehicle automotive sale
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/snd/d/2007-yamaha-attak-gt-a001089/6289070145.html
That is a nice looking Attack. It would be a great trail machine ! Yes you fooled me. I'm 52 and can't stand the stiffed valved machine's anymore... I think it was your Avatar Picture of the Sport bike. My brother inlaw has had many of them. He let me drive his GSX -R1100 one time I passed nine cars in about 3 seconds at 154 mph. Then I figured my kids still need a father and slowed down. LOL

You will enjoy the 4 stokes for the trail. I will never go back ! But If you like some off trail adventures 2- strokes all the way.

That is a nice looking Attack. It would be a great trail machine ! Yes you fooled me. I'm 52 and can't stand the stiffed valved machine's anymore... I think it was your Avatar Picture of the Sport bike. My brother inlaw has had many of them. He let me drive his GSX -R1100 one time I passed nine cars in about 3 seconds at 154 mph. Then I figured my kids still need a father and slowed down. LOL

You will enjoy the 4 stokes for the trail. I will never go back ! But If you like some off trail adventures 2- strokes all the way.
I do a lot of track days @ BIR and Road America.
Currently running a 2016 BMW S1000RR and a 2003 Yamaha YZF-R1.

Road America is fun ! Last time we sat on a 90 deg corner before the up hill and would bet on who could make the corner. Your going to like this sled and the best thing is you can hold it wide open for as long as you want !

Well....while I appreciate the advice from you all, it looks like I was a day late. Someone put a deposit on this sled on Saturday. :(

I guess I waffled a little too long...

Keep looking there are more of them out there! It will be tough to find one in that kind of shape and mileage .

Back