• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex RTX track noise

crash2

Has anyone noticed how much noise the track makes when you get in deeper snow? Is there anyting that can be done to quiet the track noise at all?

noticed a clicking type sound but only when someone else was on it, I can't hear it when i'm on it. not deep snow either.
It almost sounds like a track that is hitting new slides that are a hair too long. I have ordered slides on sleds in the past where you needed to cut them too length, couple times i left them a little long and the clips would touch them.

Sitting here watch a few flakes trying to cover the green grass and thinking " I would love to hear some track noise about now" That would mean I would be riding.

No the track is not ratcheting I know what that is. It just seems to make alot of noise compared to my 600 HO Rev I had before I bought the Apex.
I dont remember any of the tracks on my other sleds that howl like this thing does.

AHHH that explains it!! When I first went to a 4 stroke I thought my track noise was excessive, but I think it's just that with a 2 stroke you can't hear the track over the engine and exhaust. On my RX1 that's about all I hear is the track.

Back