• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Supercharger (installed)

HAMMER

TY 4 Stroke Guru

Attachments

• HAMMER APEX (1).jpg
    HAMMER APEX (1).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 162
  • HAMMER APEX (2).jpg
    HAMMER APEX (2).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 188
  • HAMMER APEX (3).jpg
    HAMMER APEX (3).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 330
  • HAMMER APEX (4).jpg
    HAMMER APEX (4).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 162

That is wild looking what will that give you for HP. I just can't imagine needing more power than what you get in todays sleds but than again I have never been out west to see the mnt passes you guys ride have fun.

Looks great Hammer -

Couple of ?'s

How long did it take you to do the install?

How good were the instructions supplied with the kit?

I think this is something I might eventually want to do - and I just want to guage as to whether or not I can do it myself. I'm not a great mechanic, but I can hold my own. (worked on farms and farm equipment when I was growing up and I can follow directions pretty well :D )

YETI said:
That is wild looking what will that give you for HP. I just can't imagine needing more power than what you get in todays sleds but than again I have never been out west to see the mnt passes you guys ride have fun.
The quote from Mac (owner of MPI) in the latest Sledheads Magazine is 240hp at 10-11lbs boost on 50/50 mix fuel... As far as I'm concerned, being the conservative type I am, 10lbs on this supercharger should be plenty for the areas I ride in... Where performance from 0-60mph on-off-on throttle is the number one contributing factor to my riding enjoyment...

tmk50 said:
Looks great Hammer -

Couple of ?'s

How long did it take you to do the install?

How good were the instructions supplied with the kit?

I think this is something I might eventually want to do - and I just want to guage as to whether or not I can do it myself. I'm not a great mechanic, but I can hold my own. (worked on farms and farm equipment when I was growing up and I can follow directions pretty well :D )
Around 10hrs wrench-in-hand time… I could probably do the next one in half that time now…

Mine is one of the first Apex kits out there and it didn’t come with instructions but I’ve done an RX-1 so I had a good idea before hand of what it entails… MPI is still working on the Apex instructions for the general consumer…

It’s not all that complicated really, factory bolt locations are used and factory connectors are used… The most difficult part of the install is working in the TIGHT spaces of the Yamaha chassis… I lost a little skin off my knuckles but it wasn’t all that traumatic…

Hammer. My kit was on and running a week ago. My kit was also sent incomplete. Did you hear when your fuel mapping and the rest of the parts missing would get to you? I was told 2-3weeks now maybe Dec sometime. If I don't get some straight answers in a couple of weeks, the kit come off and rear mount is going on!!

Mud Nutts said:
Hammer. My kit was on and running a week ago. My kit was also sent incomplete. Did you hear when your fuel mapping and the rest of the parts missing would get to you? I was told 2-3weeks now maybe Dec sometime. If I don't get some straight answers in a couple of weeks, the kit come off and rear mount is going on!!
Nope, not a word... Asked several times but wasn't given a solid date... I will be EXTREMELY upset if they don't get it to me by mid to late December... Of course I want it sooner and I'm hoping for the Thanksgiving time frame because that's when we start riding here...

I'm keeping a close eye on how these work early season. If things work out I might have one on by jan-feb. ===SRXSRULE===

Eric, let me know if you want to take a ride. I will be converting our short track Apex with the supercharger after a few hundred miles of our own test time for a customer. It's getting the Excell exhaust, Boss Seat, Holz rear skid, and a 2 x 151 track. I'll be looking to head west with it before it goes to the customer.

HAMMER, great to chat with ya today and can't wait to work with Hartman Inc on several long track projects this season!

;)!

Allen
I would love to test ride one. Please let me know when you want to head west for a little testing. I start riding in 3 weeks and then every 2-3 weeks after that untill may. ===SRXSRULE===

Srxspec said:
HAMMER, great to chat with ya today and can't wait to work with Hartman Inc on several long track projects this season!

Same here.....so much eaiser to talk than type... :o|

Thanks for posting that sound clip Hammer.
I finalized my Apex Supercharger order this week with TJ Sports and am so excited I can't even explain it. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't stuck in Southern Cali for a couple weeks for work.

Anyone get there fuel Controlers figured out for the superchargers? Sucks having one and using the sled for a bar stool.

chubby said:
Anyone get there fuel Controlers figured out for the superchargers? Sucks having one and using the sled for a bar stool.
Talked to MPI. They said they got the connecters and should be shipping the fuel mapping by this Thrusday or Friday.

Back