• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Supercharger (installed)

I am geting my Mc-xpress tomorrow, Hammer did you here anymore on the supercharger fueling stuff from MPI? I was told that the plug and recalabration is where its at. ??????????? I have 2 on order but At this rate Im gonna see if I can get some more Mc-xpress turbos...

I get my information the same way everyone else does (1-888-649-4609)... I just got off the phone with MPI... Al said he rode their production Apex last night (on grass) and it will be worth the wait... Still no solid delivery date on my ecu/connector but they are very-very close now... Initially this waiting on parts was aggravating (to put it mildly)... I’ve now accepted it’s going to take some time and I have mellowed a bit... I first met Mac (owner of MPI) at the Puyallup Snow Expo back in 1997-1998... We have shared setup information and done business every year since... He hasn’t once let me down... I know he’s doing the best he can and has/will deliver exactly the kit I’ve been waiting for... Take it for what it’s worth...

Attachments

• LEDtailight (A).jpg
    LEDtailight (A).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 115
  • LEDtailight (B).jpg
    LEDtailight (B).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 108
Bum -- Thanks (correct number is 4000-13)

King -- Pics are posted above ???

Simple, clean, nice
And "lightweight"..........hehehe

Today’s project… I just received my SC fluid over temperature sensor wire harness… It lights up the (idiot light) low-oil/warning light on the factory instrument pod if you over temperature the SC fluid… Out of curiosity/boredom I checked it out… It’s an Elmwood 2455RBV bi-metal thermostat… Searched on-line and found the specs on it… Specs are: Contact closes at 160F (+-2) contact opens at 130F (+-6)… Bench tested it using a heat gun, multi-meter, and my hand-dandy new Raytech MT4 infrared thermometer… The contact closed at 158F (warning light on) and re-opened at 124F (warning light off)… The SC manufacturer states max oil inlet temp to be 176F so there is a bit of a safety margin even if you get an over temperature light… Also note that if you do get a light the factory gauge pod has an automatic 1-min set/reset timer so if you get a light it won’t check again for 1-min unless power is removed (key turned off) which will reset the timer and you will get an immediate check… To isolate the warning light between engine low-oil and SC fluid over temperature just un-plug the engine oil tank connector…

Hammer, did you get the fuel control components yet ? If so, wondering if you had a ride yet. I had planned on trying mine out this weekend but, how does the saying go about the best laid plans of mice and men? LOL

The icing on the cake, well, I was told next week... When I talked to Mac I told him that I wouldn't have an opportunity to ride it until 10-11 Dec at the earliest so a couple more weeks won't hurt me... If he had them to give he would so I figure why be an a-hole about it...

Hope you have them by then. I wouldn't have been as patient as you. What are you going to do if you don't get them then? I'm assuming you didn't have to mod anything, so at least you can pull it off and go riding. That's what I would probably do.

After riding in Revy the last couple day's on the stocker,I am in no hurry for boost.These things are just too much fun! :Rockon:

Back