• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex suspension 136 in a rx1 warrior

apracing

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 rx1 warrior 2006 apex gt 1979 enticer 340
Can i install a apex suspension in my rx1 without any issues.. both are 136 skids .can I bolt up the front and rear the same ??

All Yamaha skids are very similar, just measure it all out....at the very least you can use apex rear shock on rx1 skid if you drill new holes on skid.

Can i install a apex suspension in my rx1 without any issues.. both are 136 skids .can I bolt up the front and rear the same ??
Yes you can, my friend! There are many on here that have made the upgrade to a mono, including myself. Link below:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/2004-warrior-re-build-upgraded-to-136-mono-and-much-much-more.138024/

A mono and Pro Action have different mounting points. I would recommend contacting Barn of Parts and talking to Travis. He is a TY vendor and can set you up with a kit to retrofit a mono directly into your sled.

http://www.barnofparts.com/suspension-mounting-plates

;)!

apracing, while you're at it; inquire with Travis about the dual rate spring he offers for the mono shock. I've read lots of positive results about this spring, and it's priced right too!

I have done this upgrade on both the front and rear suspension (plus lots of other modifications). I used the mounting plate from Barn of Parts to switch to the mono rear suspension. The plate is used to locate the new mounting position for the front bolts. On my 121 inch the rear mounting holes were the same. I also installed the progressive rear suspension spring. BEST MONEY I SPENT ON THE SLED! The rear suspension does not bottom out now with the progressive spring. Contact Travis at Barn of Parts and he will help you out. Great fellow to deal with....

Back