• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Tunnel Bending/Krinckling once and for all poll.

How many of you have actually had your tunnel bend, if so what type of sled do you ride?

• Yes, 2006 Apex GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 2006 Apex ER

• Yes, 2006 Apex RTX

• Yes, 2007 Apex GT

• Yes, 2007 Apex ER

• Yes, 2007 Apex RTX

• No, my tunnel is as straight as an arrow!

• Total voters

Apex18

Expert
How many of you have actually had your tunnel bend...if so what type of sled do you ride...I hear of this happening, not much but i'm wondering how many people this actually happens too. If your one of the people that have the bending/wrinkling tunnel make sure you post what happened.

I've had numerous fourstrokes, not one with a bent tunnel. Maybe I don't keep them long enough.

I personally think that the tunnels crinkle from trailering. People tend to tie down the rear bumper and when the trailer bounces the damage occures. I have a 05 Vector with no inner tunnel reinforcing & a 06 Apex. Both tunnels are straight. Both sleds have never been trailered. Apex has 4300 miles, Vector has 5200 miles. Both bought new from dealer. On previous sleds both with SX Chassis I made clamps for my trailer that clamped the slide down to the trailer deck. I never liked the idea of pulling on the tunnel to hold the sled in place.

i trailer mine but have only tied the back end down twice when i knew the road would be bumpy and i didnt want the sleds bouncing around. My tunnels are fine, even after 2500 miles with me standing on each side, doing small jumps etc. I know people who dont go without tying them down and their tunnels are fine as well. Ive never heard of a tunnel bending, especially a yamaha.

Should add attak to the list, i bent my tunnel. I dont jump much and when i do its small, i hit a dip in the trail that launched me at 80mph and tossed me off the sled over the handle bars sled landed on its skis and track and i landed on the trail next to it, managed to bend it even without my weight on it.

Back