1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Turbo Blowing Fuel Pump Fuses

Discussion in 'Apex Mountain' started by Mikematt, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Mikematt

Mikematt VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    Apex
    Anyone else have an issue blowing the 10a fuel pump fuses when boost comes on? Currently I have a 20a on it now which does not blow on full boost. However it is clearly drawing too much.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3. Srxspec

Srxspec Ulmer Racing Advertiser Tech Advisor VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
    Aftermarket fuel pump I'm assuming? If so, the wires on the stock harness aren't big enough or meant to run an aftermarket fuel pump.

You need to add a relay, you simply wire the positive of the relay (constant power) to the battery, hookup the ground, and you use the stock power wire for the fuel pump to tell the relay when to activate and power the fuel pump.

4. kinger

kinger VIP Member VIP Member

Its normal, I swapped to a 20A and never looked back.