• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex twin charged build - Turbo + Super

If some of you don't get to the garage section, check out the vids I have posted to see my plans, I am working on the sled now. So I will be learning right along with you! haha

Long live the Apex!

Awesome!
You are the real deal when it comes to Boosted Apexs!
LOL
You sure don't know the word Quit!

I'm curious why you are choosing to feed the SC from the turbo. I would guess the other way around would be more efficient for spooling the turbo.

I wanted the response of the SC and I wanted to take some mechanical load off the while cruising to get better mpg. I can do either and may play with swapping around to see if it matters. Packaging is easier this way as well so color me lazy lol

Guess I'm a guy that doesn't make it over to the garage section. I'm now heading that way in a bit. Really liked the video you shared time to check out the build. Thank you for the sneak peak.

Be careful, you will upset the winder guy's, they are very sensitive.

let it go.....you are just embarrassing yourself at this point

I wanted the response of the SC and I wanted to take some mechanical load off the while cruising to get better mpg. I can do either and may play with swapping around to see if it matters. Packaging is easier this way as well so color me lazy lol

Copy, I'm interested in how this turns out!

let it go.....you are just embarrassing yourself at this point

I agree but.......a Troll will Troll...........

Turbo almost in!!

ED50CE71-21AD-4A50-9DFF-E09E624BCE51.jpeg

Fuel system is almost done. So many small details and so little time. I hate working on this, this late in the season. I still have not rode a sled yet this year :(

Hopefully I will fire it up on Saturday. I will then do a vid on tuning the larger 1050X injectors, and then test and tune out on the lake and see how it goes and how many issues I come across on the first ride...

Just a follow up - the build turned out killer! So amazing. Summary of where I left off and where I will pick it up:

1. No boost control - I figured out I needed more wastegate which is crazy that a 1L engine needs twin 44mm gates but thats going in this summer

2. I need more octane to really take advantage of all this boost - Direct port meth kit coming this summer. Going to use a Whal tank I will just have to fill it once to get through the entire season, then burn 91 when I am riding on trails.

3. Going to add another BOV again 1 isn't enough this time I will add it between the turbo and SC this should also help with boost spikes when I am off and on the throttle

This was an experiment and I was ready to remove the SC if it didn't work BUT it builds boost so friggn fast, I have a 600+hp turbo spooling faster than my 2860R - Instant response on trails and massive speed on lakes - Its going to work!

Back