• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex weight loss (yes I did search first)

BOOST

Veteran
I have been searching but the search option is not working for me??

Anyways on a 07 Apex can someone give me a list of mods and the weight loss for each mod even the small stuff. Sidemount Turbo. Plan on doing hood, front end, skid, and battery and anything else I can get out of it maybe a seat as well. THANKS!!

Just be sure not to loose all the weight in the back of the sled. One of the reasons why a rear mount turbo is a good choice. If all your weight loss is in the back of the sled it will handle weird under boost. my 2 cents. I'm sure plenty will disagree

To be honest the turbo makes up for the weight of the sled, i have played and paided the weight game on a RX1 Mountain. I have around the apex alot, depending on which front end kit you go with, i would leave stock other than the barkbuster front end, otherwise leave it, battery you have the 14 in there, good cca's and weights not to bad unlike the 20 that came in the RX1's. Hood is good, but you loose the headlights and need a place to mount your gauge pod, mountain mod for a lighter seat and best in comfort and it will they a turbo front mount seat that is like a 2 stroke seat with a very big trunk, then for a skid would go with mtn tamer, with there drop brackets. So if i was riding a apex, rear suspension from timbersled with there drop brackets for about a 40lbs drop in weight, mountain mod seat not sure of the weight for sure some, and a fiberglass hood, the rest would leave alone. The biggest savings of weight are in the rear and dont really hurt relaiblty and the biggest bang for your buck, rear skid/drop brackets 1600, seat around 600, hood not sure on them below the 49th, around 400 i guessing, ps i would do the same if a had a mcx kit.

Here is what i have done.

- Rip out all that stupid foam
- Remove the rear Rack
- Remove Ebrake
- remove snow flap
- trim the rear bumper
- Boss Seat
- 8 Inch Powermadd risers (probably adds .5lbs but feels like it lost 20lbs)
- challenger extreme 162x16x2.5
-MCXpress turbo

here is what i started today
- remove bogie wheels
- remove headlight & windshield (I am making a piece to cover the opening utilizing the stock hood)

On order.
- Timbersled drop brackets

Considering
- Mt tamer suspesion
- lightweight battery (maybe relocate)
- 2 wheel conversion kit (need to do more research but may make the sled easier for carving, sidehilling and boondocking)

My sled right now has been for sale but since nobody wants to buy it i am just gonna dump some more money into it :)

This was my Apex weight reduction program

MountainTamer rear suspension -30 lbs
Lightweight Bracket Kit -7 lbs
Mountain MOD Seat -10 lbs
TJ’s Mountain Lite Exhaust -20 lbs
X static Battery -10 lbs

To be put on sled this month:
Barkbuster A-Arms -12 lbs

This gives me a loss of 89 lbs or so :jump:

Still need a new tail light so I can lose the rear rack....

Attachments

• Apex seat.JPG
    Apex seat.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,867
I have an 06 mountain with weight savings as follows:
Nextech Carbon Kevlar A-arms 15lbs with titanium springs on shocks. Best move made.
TJ's or M&M motorsports seat and exhaust 30lbs
Timbersled drop brackets 6.5lbs
YTZ 7S battery 7lbs
MPI weightless park brake 2lbs
Aluminum spindles 2.2lbs
Sway bar removed ??lbs
Total 63 lbs

Next is mountain tamer rear suspension and Hartman huffer, too old 240hp will be plenty. Best money overall was the A-arms, and spindles they improved handling beyond what I can describe. Also battery helped alot. Front end and front suspension weight really helps the Apex.

If you want trouble free buy a MCX turbo. Don't waste your time with a X-static bat cap. They are junk. Buy a 7S battery for the YZ400. Will work the same if not better and cost you 80 bucks a batt store. MCX 07+ kit rocks, 1000km and not one single issue.

Hey unreal...

I had to put my stock battery back in as the XSTATIC was crapping out.
How long have you used the YTZ 7S battery? :o|

The the ytz 10 weights abit more, but has alot more cca, its the battery out of the R1 or a bunch of there quads. I have used it for 3 seasons now, buddies that have the 7 get about a year out of theres. Just giving you my info dont shoot the messanger.

Y_Rider said:
This was my Apex weight reduction program

Lightweight Bracket Kit -7 lbs
Mountain MOD Seat -10 lbs
TJ’s Mountain Lite Exhaust -20 lbs
X static Battery -10 lbs

To be put on sled this month:
Barkbuster A-Arms -12 lbs

This gives me a loss of 89 lbs or so :jump:

Still need a new tail light so I can lose the rear rack....

My Timber sled rear is on the way.
Boondocker Side mount Turbo +????
Lightweight CR RacingBracket Kit -8 lbs
Boss Seat -10 lbs
Exhaust delete -25 lbs
Rear rack, light -5 lbs
Diamond S Hood w/o light pod -15 lbs
But until I put it on a scale its all just numbers :Rockon:

Found this thread by searching and I'm wondering how much difference a huge weight reduction makes to the feel of the Apex? Does the sled handle better and become easier to throw around? I like the idea of having 150 HP of reliable, stock power. But, I'm thinking that the Apex still won't feel as nimble as a Nytro if both sleds are equipped with the same length track.

My Vector feels quite a bit heavier in the front end than my Nytro. Since the Apex and Vector are basically the same chassis, does a big weight reduction make this feeling go away on the Apex? Seems like most of the weight that is removed from the Apex comes off the back so does that make the front end "feel" heavier?

I previously had an RX1 and the Apex is a world of difference compared to that, and the Nextech A-arms probably make just about that much difference on the Apex. 3 years no problems, they have been awesome. Myself find the Nytro lighter etc. But still ptefer my Apex. And wouldn't own one without switching the A-arms.

Back