• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex XTX 144 to 136?

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Track selection for 144's is getting rarer....

Who's got ideas?

Currently running Hacksaw 144x14x1. Hard to get. Trying to avoid Ripsaw 144x15x1.25 or the icerippers.

Crossover track is amazing. 1.5" is no big deal for trails at least on my ZX2 rear suspension. The winder has a 1.75 in same conditions and works good. I also do not like the Ripsaw.

Who's got ideas?

Currently running Hacksaw 144x14x1. Hard to get. Trying to avoid Ripsaw 144x15x1.25 or the icerippers.
Maybe look into composit they offer 1.38 to 1.77 lug height, Pricing is very attractive

I've got MAJOR miles on 2 different sleds with the Crossover 1.5. When we installed the Airwave M20 in my XTX I went with the 136 Intense 1.5. My personal opinion is the 1.5 lug is optimal if you don't run studs. Closing in on 20,000 + miles with a 1.5. I have a Nytro with the Backcountry 1.75 and it's a riot in loose snow conditions, or when it's rutted up. Smell hyfax when it's cold flat and packed. Scratchers would likely help, just don't have set to put on.

well, ran the 1-1/4" ripsaw on the 11 xtx for 15000 mi. put the 1-1/2" composit on it last winter and the few times i did ride it, it was a vast improvement in traction. i do run scratchers and duponts on that sled as care_bear runs it most of the time and she is not up on slider plastic smells when they get hot. have not done pre season on that sled yet to see how it held up last season but liking it so far.

I have had the Backcountry 1.75 x 144 on 4 sleds now and have gotten along Great with all of them. I wouldn’t think Of running anything else. They wear great, are good on & off trail

I have had the Backcountry 1.75 x 144 on 4 sleds now and have gotten along Great with all of them. I wouldn’t think Of running anything else. They wear great, are good on & off trail
But Dan wouldn’t a guy need some POWER to push that 1.75 LOL

well i did get his 2018 apex xtx up to 97 mph with that track on it while helping break it in.

Hi Mark, Sorry I didn’t see this sooner.
We’re at Indy with some of the TY guys at the US Nationals.

I have not noticed any HP difference?

Who's got ideas?

Based on your post do we assume you want only 1" lugs? If that's the case you could always cut down a track with taller lugs. I think that would be less work than trying to retrofit a 136 skid as you would need to change mounts.

Hi Mark, Sorry I didn’t see this sooner.
We’re at Indy with some of the TY guys at the US Nationals.

I have not noticed any HP difference?

Your taking me to seriously, I just meant with your fantastic power this track is awesome..... Hope your harvest is shaping up well, and Jane is doing well as well.

Back