• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex xtx for trail riding (Y/N)

Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 VECTOR LTX
Looking to add a new "Friend" to the Fleet. (Trying to wait till the 19 release) also thinking about a winder, But
How does an XTX Apex ride on Groomed trails? It has the tipped rails and P.S. ,
Just kicking around some ideas!

Looking to add a new "Friend" to the Fleet. (Trying to wait till the 19 release) also thinking about a winder, But
How does an XTX Apex ride on Groomed trails? It has the tipped rails and P.S. ,
Just kicking around some ideas!
The Apex xtx with PS and the 1.25 lug would be a awesome groom trail sled, it still has the traditional seating abit higher on the newer models, the engine of the Apex is as good as it gets with a sound you won't ever forget, a Side-Winders taillight won't be that far ahead of you, you would be buying a legend.

I rode my '15 Apex XTX for the first time several weeks ago. Wow what a terrific ride. Great hookup with the 1.25 lugs and no studs.
Comfortable suspension and great handling in the curves.
I LOVE it!

Attachments

• 20171216_152600.jpg
    20171216_152600.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 246
Fantastic trail sled once you have it dialed in to your liking. I don’t regret pulling the trigger on mine one little bit.

8200 miles on my Apex XTX all trails miles, nothing better!

really like my XTX especially after doing the Star suspension setup. no regrets buying it.

The XTX is an excellent trail sled.
IMO it is the best handling Apex chassis.
The tipped up rails and how Yamaha positions the skid in the chassis not only do you not feel like you are on a longtrack sled I think it handles better than the short tracks.
The #*$&@ end isn't constantly trying to come around, its smoother over the bumps and the thing hooks up well even without studs.

Any handling issues it has are the same as all apex chassis...the stock skis blow and don't turn and allow pushing.

IMO the XTX is THE Apex to have.

The XTX is an excellent trail sled.
IMO it is the best handling Apex chassis.
The tipped up rails and how Yamaha positions the skid in the chassis not only do you not feel like you are on a longtrack sled I think it handles better than the short tracks.
The #*$&@ end isn't constantly trying to come around, its smoother over the bumps and the thing hooks up well even without studs.

Any handling issues it has are the same as all apex chassis...the stock skis blow and don't turn and allow pushing.

IMO the XTX is THE Apex to have.
And these are things I learned on this forum that convinced me to buy an XTX.

I have an 06 gt and love it. Iv been blindly defending its weight but when i got it stuck i prayed for a lighter sled. I pulled myscles in my back that i never knew i had. Apex's are pigs. Over 600lbs. I dont tegret my purchase but now that i have have felt the full weight of it in a stuck situation im second guessing it. That was a horrible experience. That was a week ago and im just now getting my back into shape to ride it again. JUST DONT GET STUCK.

The XTX has a much shollower approach angle than the Mono and the 144” track gives a lot of traction. It’s still not a boondocker in stock form, but the XTX sleds are far less prone to getting stuck vs the trench-o-matic mono equipped Apex’s.

an 06 gt will get stuck a lot and you should get a portable come along if you take it off trail. the xtx will only get stuck if you do some thing dumb. way different machines. the XTX is by far the best trail machine I have ever rode in my humble opinion. get a set of snow trackers a WRP seat and a 2.5 riser drop the front end and ride the heck out of it!!!

an 06 gt will get stuck a lot and you should get a portable come along if you take it off trail. the xtx will only get stuck if you do some thing dumb. way different machines. the XTX is by far the best trail machine I have ever rode in my humble opinion. get a set of snow trackers a WRP seat and a 2.5 riser drop the front end and ride the heck out of it!!!
Or just buy mine its already set up!!!

I have a 14 XTX with tipped rails, power steering, exhaust valve, and I'm really happy with it. It rode really stiff for about 1500 miles then it softened up to where I like it. The only bad thing about the sled is the small gas tank and there is no easy way to have an auxiliary tank. It makes you spend to much damn time thinking about gas! Can I make it? Do I have enough to get here? How many miles do I have on this tank? Etc, etc....

Just rolled over 10,000 Miles on my '13XTX this weekend. Hy-Gear dual springs, was the best suspension upgrade I have done. Curve skis on mine, but what ever your brand, highly recommend updating the skis from stock. What a huge change in comfort with the dual spring kit from Hy-Gear. Tough to get this thing stuck, unless you really are trying to. Have broken a few trails, after my buddies' Ski Doos and Arctic Cat stopped going forward. Great on the lakes too!

i have the 11 xtx and once dialed in i love it. gf rides it and i cannot get it back from her. i run 09 apex mtx skis with custom clutching and it has broken trail in 5' of powder multiple times with no problems. it rails on the trails and all my doo riding buddies know when i am on it beacuse they hear it barking and watch it walk away from them.

Back