• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARCS Front Suspension - Worth the cost?

ktmhk53

Suspended
Greetings,
Based on what the youtube sled testers have said about Yamaha's new ARCS Front Suspension, (as none of us mere mortals have yet to ride the 2020's) do you think its a must-have, game-changer and worth purchasing a 2020 sled over a leftover '19 with its lower cost (several hundred$$ to 1k+)?

The engine is the game changer.

If its only $1000 i would get the newer on even if it had the same suspension....

If its only $1000 i would get the newer on even if it had the same suspension....

Same here. You will get some of that back at resale, since the sled will be one model year newer.

I’m guessing that tweak made by Cat/Yamaha on the front will be better. Why you ask? My experience with the procross and Cats of the past has been this> love em hate whatever you want to say about Cat is fine, BUT they have ALWAYS been very good on little tweaks from year to year. Especially when it come to the ride/ suspension set ups/ shocks. The front end is best in the biz and if they tweaked it look out! Just my opinion based on past CAT sleds.

I think the taller spindles are supposed to create more bite in the corners.

I didn't realize how great my front suspension was until I switched with my buddy on his 900ace Enduro.

2019 vs 2020

-Front end
-Tether switch
-Pushbutton start
-Heated ROV
-2 additional QS3 shock settings(IQS)
-5 yr warranty(USA)
-4 yr warranty(Can)

Doubt any leftover would be worth the small savings, LE leftovers have ZERO rebates as of now which makes them not a good deal at this time.

IMO Front end is well worth the 2020 alone, but as shown lots of other new stuff. Not to mention possible unknown other updates to some issues we have maybe.

Dan

Thanks Dan! ZZzzzz. Wake me up when there's a new chain case that's fixed and a new track shaft bearing system that works. Although, I'd like to try the new front end geometry.
Already have tether. ROV delete so IDC about heated. QS3;s adequate with 3 settings. iACT might be worth something.

Thanks Dan! ZZzzzz. Wake me up when there's a new chain case that's fixed and a new track shaft bearing system that works. Although, I'd like to try the new front end geometry.
Already have tether. ROV delete so IDC about heated. QS3;s adequate with 3 settings. iACT might be worth something.
Agree......id rather have seen fixes to known issues then new front end which we all had no issue with!

I don’t know mine never broke, chiancase has been fine since 2015. I’m on third procross,

Been on turbo procross since 13 on my 5th sled and never one chain case issue. All have had large tunes....... I have an 18 and 19 in my shop now and I have had none of the issues the Yamaha camp is having.

12,15,17 procross chassis. Have been good to me also. BUT I can agree with a few little things being engineered better. It has the potential be very good with a few tweaks. That drive bearing on the shaft is a joke really. Once again a tweak makes it a lot better.

12,15,17 procross chassis. Have been good to me also. BUT I can agree with a few little things being engineered better. It has the potential be very good with a few tweaks. That drive bearing on the shaft is a joke really. Once again a tweak makes it a lot better.

The cats have a plastic tensioner wear block which has saved you from failures, it will compress/wear and not allow for the chain to be over tight for any length in time. The roller is unforgiving in the yamaha case and if too tight will create a lot of stress, ruining bushings and chains.

Back