• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak rear skid up and down play

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
Hey guys I have a question for you about the Attak mono suspension. I just installed an 07 Attak rear suspension in my Warrior. The ride height looks like it might be okay, but I can move the rear bumper up and down 4" freely before it engages the shock. Once it stops moving it feels nice and firm. Is this normal ? The transfer rod moves a lot before it couples up with the shock. I tried adjusting the transfer rod even tighter for less transfer to see if it changed it and it didn't . So if this amount of free play isn't normal what could it be ? I'm wondering if theres something in the transfer rod that needs to be rebuilt. Thanx guys for any advice you can give me about the Attak skid.

Hey guys I have a question for you about the Attak mono suspension. I just installed an 07 Attak rear suspension in my Warrior. The ride height looks like it might be okay, but I can move the rear bumper up and down 4" freely before it engages the shock. Once it stops moving it feels nice and firm. Is this normal ? The transfer rod moves a lot before it couples up with the shock. I tried adjusting the transfer rod even tighter for less transfer to see if it changed it and it didn't . So if this amount of free play isn't normal what could it be ? I'm wondering if theres something in the transfer rod that needs to be rebuilt. Thanx guys for any advice you can give me about the Attak skid.

That sounds about right.

Really. That makes me feel better. I took the transfer rod apart and it looked like it was in fairly good condition. I was wondering if maybe the shock was weak or something because I couldn't find anything wrong. I've never had a suspension that would basically free fall 4" when you lift the rear bumper and then let it drop. The ride height does look about where it should be I guess.
I was starting to second guess whether I installed the skid correctly, but I have the Attak mounting brackets and a fair amount of the rivot holes lined up with holes that were in the Warrior tunnel. The measurements seemed good to.
Thank you for the peace of mind Tom. It makes me feel better about it.

Last edited:
Really. That makes me feel better. I took the transfer rod apart and it looked like it was in fairly good condition. I was wondering if maybe the shock was weak or something because I couldn't find anything wrong. I've never had a suspension that would basically free fall 4" when you lift the rear bumper and then let it drop. The ride height does look about where it should be I guess.
I was starting to second guess whether I installed the skid correctly, but I have the Attak mounting brackets and a fair amount of the rivot holes lined up with holes that were in the Warrior tunnel. The measurements seemed good to.
Thank you for the peace of mind Tom. It makes me feel better about it.

Your welcome!!

I just wanted to update this post. I decided to have my shocks rebuilt by cannondale27 and it seems to have solved this issue. Now there is about one and a half inches of free play. I feel much better knowing my shocks are fresh.

Just an FYI....do you have the transfer rod adjustment tool? There is a max setting that it can be unthreaded to or else it will pull out from not enough thread bite. The tool gives the min and max range for adjustment.

I don't have a tool and I set it up by measuring the distance between the spanner nuts. There is a set of measurements listed on TY to set up the transfer rod if you don't have the tool. I was going to see if you have one of these wrenches for the Attak skid. I heard its not quite the same as the Apex skid. I believe I have it set close to the minimum weight transfer. I want good flat cornering. I still can't get the a arms parallel with ground. Should I shorten the front limiter strap ?

as close to level as you can while you are sitting on the machine should be fine. If you loosen the front shocks to the point that the springs are loose and rattle with the skis off the ground and then tighten them back up just enough that the springs will no longer rattle when off the ground that is typically where they need to be to rail. You may want to have the front shocks serviced as well because there will not be as much spring force to prevent bottoming. pulling up the limiter strap will add pressure/weight to the front end and increase steering effort but will give you more bite in the corners. As with any suspension adjustment you should only make one change at a time and run it so you know exactly what did what so you can fine tune.

Yeah I had the front shocks serviced to and I have the front springs just about as loose as I can. The front end should drop about an inch for the a arms to be parallel. I have a 13mm sway bar and I'm wondering if its holding the front up and I just need more weight on the front. Looks like the limiter strap may be my best bet to lower the front end. Our trails here are tight and twisty so I'd like a stable machine. Thank you guys for any input on getting this sled set up.

Back