• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak trailering question

Polar_Bus

Now to make my upcoming sled choice even more difficult, I realized my Yamaha dealer also has an 07' Attak, and an Attak GT leftovers..

Heres my next question: Can the Attak's be trailered in a 10' Clam shell type trailer? Seems like the more veteran sleddders I talk to advise me to get a long track...

I trailered mine in a 10ft. Clam shell. But not all clam shells are the same.
Mine was a LoadRite Tilt. The front of the skiis were up into the beveled front but I could fasten it down o.k. with stock tie downs.

You don't want to go to a V Nose as your fuel mileage will drop alot. Plus the expense of buying one.

I'd bring it to the dealer and ask him to load it on to your trailer. If it fits you'd buy it.

Had a 10 ft. Triton Clamshell, drive on/off. Attack/LTX fit fine. Little tighter but not a problem.

Well i guess i really didnt need to chime in, but it fits.... just have to pull all the way forward, skis basically touching the front..... 10 ft bearcat here

Thanks for the experences guys!

I have a 10' Sledbed trailer, with a Sno-Pro cap. If worse come to worse, i'll cut the rear bumper, shorten it a bit as needed and re-weld it. Sounds like I won't have issues. My sales buddy who works at my dealer did coment that an Attak will just barely fit in a 10' trailer, but will not allow anything higher than the factory Yamaha low w/s or it hits the top bevel of the cap....
Lastly, i've pretty much made up my mind i'm going to go with the '07 Attak ER...... just waiting on Yamaha's fall leftover promo to come out..

Back