• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak vs 850 Renegade

sideshowBob

Lifetime Member
Was riding all day with buddy on 850 Gade who upgraded from 2013 800 Gade.
I was always able to beat his 2013 ETEC 800 with my 2007 Attak so he was eager to destroy my Attak with his new 850.
We lined up on groomed trail on the lake and ran 2000+ feet from a dead stop...twice.
Unfortunately for my friend my Attak also beat his 850...I pulled 2 lengths out of the hole and held it the entire distance...I couldn't pull away from him and he couldn't catch me.

You must have one strong Attack. I never had the chance but my 09 LTX with mods was one hell of a runner. Never had much problem with 800 Doos unless I blew the take off. I have a 2011 Apex with Ulmer mods and I know it feels stronger in the mid range than my 09 LTX but top end I really think my 09 would beat my 2011 SE. My 09 did 118 gps in a little over 2000 ft the best I ever saw was 113 gps on my SE but conditions were different but the LTX seemed a little stronger in the top end. What does surprise me is you taking him out of the hole but hey I love anytime someone gets to shut those yellow guys up.

My Attak is strongest out of the hole...only ever had a couple sleds that can beat me for the first 300ft.
850 had a 1 1/4 Ice Ripper and we raced on hard pack snow...I run a 1 1/4 Rip Saw 2

Stock Attak? No mods?

Tried to get a hold of an 850 past weekend but he wanted no part after I waxed his bros 800 Tek! All good fun !

My 2007 Attak runs really strong too and for now it appears to be stronger than my friends 2011 Apex. I also have the Ripsaw II and clutched by ProLine (John Wheelock).

Nice to hear SideshowBob! Does this mean your friend is heading to the speedshop with his? :)

Nice to hear SideshowBob! Does this mean your friend is heading to the speedshop with his? :)

He is not the kind of guy that Mods his sleds...he just buys a new one every couple years.
He was VERY disappointed that his new Doo rocket didn't destroy my old Attak.
He has had 3 different Etecs now that my Attak has been able to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not the kind of guy that Mods his sleds...he just buys a new one every couple years.
He was VERY disappointed that his new Doo rocket didn't destroy my old Attak.
He has had 3 different Etecs now that my Attak has been able to beat.

Gotta love that when the old iron does that to the new stuff. My old 2 stroke Viper was that way too. It consistently would outrun larger cc 2 smokers going across the lakes.

Last year I ran a new Polaris 800 AXYS which seemed to run strong but didn't have enough for the Attak. Still love the sweet motor on these machines. The new Winder may be faster but sure doesn't sound as good.

Gotta love that when the old iron does that to the new stuff. My old 2 stroke Viper was that way too. It consistently would outrun larger cc 2 smokers going across the lakes.

Last year I ran a new Polaris 800 AXYS which seemed to run strong but didn't have enough for the Attak. Still love the sweet motor on these machines. The new Winder may be faster but sure doesn't sound as good.
X2!

I love it. Where do you fellas have your transfer rod set at?

I played with the new 850 and he beat me right from start. Said he was all stock, i took it for a test run pulled 116 on speedo and hes only got little over 200 miles on it. I just hit 500 on mine with ulmers mods and i wasn't catching him. I'm only seeing 107 on dream meter.

I played with the new 850 and he beat me right from start. Said he was all stock, i took it for a test run pulled 116 on speedo and hes only got little over 200 miles on it. I just hit 500 on mine with ulmers mods and i wasn't catching him. I'm only seeing 107 on dream meter.

Not sure how accurate the new Doo speedo is. I have seen well over 116 on my dreamometer but that's off once get get much past 100. My old 2007 is very broken in though with 14,000 miles.

hopefully i gain some mph after i fully break in, hey journeyman if its ok off topic i would like to pm u on another sled question.

Not sure how accurate the new Doo speedo is. I have seen well over 116 on my dreamometer but that's off once get get much past 100. My old 2007 is very broken in though with 14,000 miles.

Digging up an old thread to clarify the Doo's speedo accuracy.........

I am friends with one of the guys from a popular sports network snowmobile tv show, he did tell me a few weeks ago the new Ski-Doo speedo's are extremely inaccurate. He had a friend that was all giddy being his Doo850 was showing around 118-119 so he immediately wanted to race his buddies stock Sidewinder that was showing a bit less for top speeds on the speedo.......needless to say the SW waxed him. Turns out the 850 is really only hitting a hair over 100, meanwhile it turns out the SW's speedo is very accurate within a mile an hour or so.

Another thing I thought was kind of funny. He said they were testing and shooting their show out west late last season. After the day was over all the test riders grabbed a machine and headed back across a big lake for the lodge. He was on a new 850 pinched to the handlebar with the initial lead across the lake. He figured "I have a nice lead and no one is going to beat me back to the lodge." He said out of nowhere one of the guys on a SW blows by him like he was standing still like a flash of lightning. In his words he said......it wasn't just a few miles an hour greater, he said it was like a light switch!

Back