• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak will not start

fastblue

Veteran
Just got back from riding in ME and sled will not start to take it off the trailer. It will crank fine, but i do not hear the fuel pump. I did check the fuses by the brake roter but weare the hell did they put the #10 & #11 fuses so i can check those too.
Any info would be very helpful, before i take it to the dealer.l

fuse location

I don't own one but seems to me I read something on this site with another attack/Apex with the same problem. If I remember correctly, the fuse for the pump is located near the battery???? Good luck!

Thanks every one, I will check it out tomorrow..What a stupid place to put a fuse that you may need to get to on the trail.

just got mine back from the dealer for the same thing, it was the fuse and it is down by the battery. im puttin a resettable breaker in the next time i pull the airbox cause the dealer told me he didnt know why the fuse blew. it blew because of a short or heavy draw. fuses dont burn for no good reason (short). i had to be towed out of the woods and froze my #*$&@ off. if it happens again if i have a resettable, at least it will get me home without pullin the airbox and battery on the trail. ran it this weekend in some cold temps and saw 128 many times and 130 on a long pull today. :Rockon:

fuel pump relay

Just came back from a week in the U.P. Sled ran perfect until the last day. Woke up to 17 below zero, sled would not start but turned over fine .
Realizing that the fuel pump was not making it's normal pressure-up noise
we began a search for what we thought would be a blown fuse, thinking that the pump was frozen witch led us to find a relay above the left footwell. The second relay from the tunnel ( there are four ) is for the fuel pump. After tapping it the pump came to life and has not been an issue since. The thinking is that the moisture from the day's riding may have condensed an caused enough non-contact for current flow. The low temps may have frozen it up. The sled ran flawless...APEX GT 128

Has anyone run into a problem like this? I was going out for my first ride on my new attak so I was going to run it for 15 minutes just like the manual stated. When I went back to the sled 5 mintues later it shut off because high temp. So then I assumed it was plenty warmed up. Then I started off on my ride and the low coolant temp warning light came on. It took about 20 minutes of riding(under 6000 RPM like a good boy) for the light to go off.
Is this common? What is other people warm up procedure of Apex/Attak's?

jlemieu1 said:
Has anyone run into a problem like this? I was going out for my first ride on my new attak so I was going to run it for 15 minutes just like the manual stated. When I went back to the sled 5 mintues later it shut off because high temp. So then I assumed it was plenty warmed up. Then I started off on my ride and the low coolant temp warning light came on. It took about 20 minutes of riding(under 6000 RPM like a good boy) for the light to go off.
Is this common? What is other people warm up procedure of Apex/Attak's?

You only let it run until the "red Temp light" shuts off. Do not over heat this motor it's very bad for it.

No start update

I woke up this morning andi went out to check the fuses by the battery for the no fuel pump sound and just for the heck of it i turned the key one more time. GUESS what, it started right up.
I am now thinking it may have been the relay but have no way to be sure. Called the dealer and was told it may have been frozen pump from condensation but not sure, they have not seen this problem yet.I now have some dry gass in it so only time will tell.

This weekend my Attak and another guys Apex would not start. Temps were about -15. Motor turned over well but did not fire. Did not hear fuel pump charge up. Towed sled to heated garage for 30 minutes and fired right up. Next morning same thing for Attak, Apex started same temps. stopped for breakfast after 30 minute ride 2 hrs. later Apex would not start, We tried starting it for about 10 minutes off and on and finally heard fuel charge and started. Weather warmed up rest of trip and no more issues starting for either one. Must be frozen pumps? Also noticed on display red engine icon was on and yellow warning icon would flash when trying to start...

Re: No start update

fastblue said:
I woke up this morning andi went out to check the fuses by the battery for the no fuel pump sound and just for the heck of it i turned the key one more time. GUESS what, it started right up.
I am now thinking it may have been the relay but have no way to be sure. Called the dealer and was told it may have been frozen pump from condensation but not sure, they have not seen this problem yet.I now have some dry gass in it so only time will tell.
I had the same problem on Sat. temp was -7, took about 10 mins to get it to turn over/ start. Spoke to a buddy today and said something about "vapor lock?" something about gas turning to vapor at low temps? I wonder it it is related to pump. Buddies 05 Doo GSX had problems too. Sled ran fine (not grips) for whole day

Spoke to a buddy today and said something about "vapor lock?" something about gas turning to vapor at low temps?

Vaper lock is when gas turns to vapor when it is to hot, NOT to cold. and it will not do this with fuel ingection because it is under presure but it will do this on carb modles if it is over heating.

Vapor lock is when the fuel in your carbs turns to vapor because the carbs are to hot. This does not happen with fuel injection.

Just wondering if anyone that has a sled that will not start because of no fuel pump sound has taped on the relays at that time and got it to work.
I would think by taping the relays it would unstick it, if that is even the problem.

Back