• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attention all those w/top speeds on radar or GPS!

redrx1rkt

Expert
Website
www.snowdevils.net
I am trying to come up with a rough % of error on the dreammeter so those of us without radar or GPS speed can guess how fast we are really going.

So, if you have recorded your speed using radar or GPS and remember what your speedo was reading at the time, please reply. Also, note if you use studs or other mods that may play a factor in your speed readings.

So far my RTX has recorded a high of 119 mph on the dreammeter. That's probably around 107 mph, but would like to figure a % to come closer.

Speedos

Grinding a tooth off the pick up will get you pretty close to actual speed . My freind and I have tested this out. :flag:

I thought the dream meter was off by 10% and mentioned this to a couple guys that had been testing with a radar gun on a lake. They dissagreed and thought it was alot closer than that.

I have one tooth off the pickup, and the most I have seen on my speedo is 116mph.

fatchance said:
I thought the dream meter was off by 10% and mentioned this to a couple guys that had been testing with a radar gun on a lake. They dissagreed and thought it was alot closer than that.
That's what I thought, it was 10 percent out.

why do you even care? Its just a number, the odometer is actually right on. The speed sensor is acurate, the ecu just fuges the number going to the display. ===SRXSRULE===

SRXSRULE said:
why do you even care? Its just a number, the odometer is actually right on. The speed sensor is acurate, the ecu just fuges the number going to the display. ===SRXSRULE===

weird how the speedo cable on the other sleds in the group fudge the number too, eh??

87gtNOS said:
SRXSRULE said:

weird how the speedo cable on the other sleds in the group fudge the number too, eh??

Didnt know we were talking about old junk with a cable? I thought we were talking about an Apex? ===SRXSRULE===

SRXSRULE said:
87gtNOS said:
SRXSRULE said:

Didnt know we were talking about old junk with a cable? I thought we were talking about an Apex? ===SRXSRULE===

We are talking of the Apex, but I ride with some old junk, and their ODO's are ussualy within 2-3 miles of mine.

I highly doubt the Apex dreameter is send different figures to the speedo readout than it does to the ODO.

87gtNOS said:
SRXSRULE said:
87gtNOS said:
SRXSRULE said:

We are talking of the Apex, but I ride with some old junk, and their ODO's are ussualy within 2-3 miles of mine.

I highly doubt the Apex dreameter is send different figures to the speedo readout than it does to the ODO.

It sure is. Check it with a GPS, the odometer is bang on. ===SRXSRULE===

One more thing, you cant compare sled to sled, too many variables. Just ride your sled at 50-60 mph down the trail with out spinning and check the odometer to a GPS. ===SRXSRULE===

Back