• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATV Resale Value.

ttocs2

Veteran
Just wondering how much ATV's hold their value for trade in's and stuff... for example my 04 Buin, I have had for 6.5 months.. not sure how many hours/miles are on it, I usually do some kind of riding almost every weekend, but never go out for all day rides, and it is still in great condition, so what would this be worth if I went to trade it in?

Not real sure but you might have to take a bit of a bath on it because it's so new. I would say (now this is just my opinion) it would fetch you about 75-80% of what you paid for it. I know it's worth more but on a trade the dealer would have to re-sell it and to Joe Blow, the price would have to attract him because dealers make financing so easy and you would not offer any.

For what it's worth, here's the Kelly Blue Book on your quad:
2004 Yamaha Bruin 350
1-Cylinder
4-Stroke
348cc

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2355

The trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer-owned unit. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the unit ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the unit for any mechanical or safety problems. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

And now retail:
2004 Yamaha Bruin 350
1-Cylinder
4-Stroke
348cc

Suggested Retail Value $3300

Suggested Retail represents the price a dealership might ask for this make and model. The retail price is not a trade-in or private-party value, but rather assumes that a dealer has absorbed the cost of making the unit ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the unit for any mechanical or safety problems. Suggested retail represents a fully reconditioned unit in excellent condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. Actual dealer selling price may vary from this price.

If you're not in a big hurry, I would suggest that you put a 4 sale sign on it and sell it yourself at the retail value. And get a best price from your local dealer/dealers on the new one you're wanting
to buy. If you trade it's harder to get a good price on the new one.
And if it doesn't sell you can always do the trade thing.

Thanks for all the great info guys, I'm not gonna trade right now, was just wondering what kind of resale value these things hold.... any idea how much that price will drop over the next 2 years?

Back