• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATV TRAILS

ishpeming fan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 ZR RR 8000
My wife and I are heading up to the Keweenaw for some side by side riding. Just wondering if the Lake Linden trail is fixed? (From fathers day 2018 washout) Does anyone also know if the trail to Gay is open for UTV use or is it closed for logging? thanks

My wife and I are heading up to the Keweenaw for some side by side riding. Just wondering if the Lake Linden trail is fixed? (From fathers day 2018 washout) Does anyone also know if the trail to Gay is open for UTV use or is it closed for logging? thanks
What are you running for a SXS?

Oh Yeah, that should be a good trip, are you thinking about getting one down the road? they are not cheap, or just rent as you need one.

Rent, and turn in, no trailer, payment, insurance or maintenance! Its the way to go for me because I really dont need one around the house and summer is very busy with work and lawn upkeep. LOL!

Yes.. I see your point, not for everyone, there is a lot of SXS and ATVs in this area, they co share the trail maintenance with the snowmobilers which works pretty good, not very many ATVer's in the winter season only in low snow conditions and un groomed trails for most part, we are starting to have a very nice trail system that benefits everyone and all clubs involved, I am one of the lucky ones that can leave right from my home either on a snowmobile or ATV and enjoy miles and miles of trails.

Just got home. What a great time on the Yamaha R spec Wolverine. Trail to Dollar bay Lake linden still closed. Gay trail open but there is logging going on. Meet two dump trucks coming at us on the way in. Trails were fantastic and everything is opened up as normal up there.Except Bear belly bar is closed for good. That is sad,they had great food! Dam Covid !

Bear Belly has been closed a while. We stayed next door last winter and were told the owner was very ill and wasn't going to reopen.

Thats a shame.It was a must stop for lunch to be sure.Great food and service was always provided whenever we stopped in. I hope the owner gets well soon.

Back