• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Awesome looking Thundercat

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
I ran across this picture of a retro wrapped Thundercat recently and thought I'd share it. For anyone who had a triple triple muscle sled back in the 90's you'd know all about the Arctic Cat ZRT's. Love 'um or hate 'um I think this ZRT looks awesome.

It's nice to see Yamaha as the only OEM to resurrect the SRX badge into their current line up to pay homage to the SRX from back in the day. I wonder if Arctic Cat will take notice of this sweet looking wrap and bring back the ZRT name as they have with the current Thundercat. Mach Z from Ski Doo maybe in the future?

Any thoughts on bringing back some of the retro names and graphics in the top performance class?

upload_2020-12-20_19-37-22.png

Last edited:

That's a little busy for my taste........I like something a bit more understated.
I did have a zrt 800 though, great sled

LOVE IT! Really like the checkered flag. I bought a new ZRT 600 in 1995.. That was a ski lifter without the blocks in the back.. Man this photo brings back some great memories with great people and friends.. Some not with us but this photo really brings it back for me..

Now thats a ‘proper ARCTIC CAT’. Cats should be black or green...... LOL at myself.....but in the early days we had one color per brand.

That sure made it easy to know the sleds.

Has anyone else noticed our Vipers are funny from the back its largely black, from the side Red /Blue &white and some black yet head on ‘front’ its RED/BLUE.

I’ve had a couple people say, oh I didn’t know that was you following me, I followed you all morning and think of your sled as ‘black/white then when you follow me its RED’ .

Then I noticed when I rode the APEX and my son on the VIper it is hard to recognize as its completely different color from front compared to back.

NOTHING sounded like a stock Cat triple! My buddy got put up on a stand by the DNR and they wanted to give him a ticket so bad for sound.. They really messed with him.. He pulled the hood and it was all STOCK. HURLEY, WI mid to late nineties.

Had one last year roll into a gas station in Trout Lake. You forget just how loud those were stock. Boy did it sound good and turned every head when he started it and left.

NOTHING sounded like a stock Cat triple! My buddy got put up on a stand by the DNR and they wanted to give him a ticket so bad for sound.. They really messed with him.. He pulled the hood and it was all STOCK. HURLEY, WI mid to late nineties.

DNR did the same to me in Sayner....on a Friday night...... said he could impound my sled until Monday to make sure it was stock. Didn't like the red silicone I had used to seal up the pipes....didn't look stock. I told him it would be louder yet if I had not done that. Man was I pissed..............

I ran across this picture of a retro wrapped Thundercat recently and thought I'd share it. For anyone who had a triple triple muscle sled back in the 90's you'd know all about the Arctic Cat ZRT's. Love 'um or hate 'um I think this ZRT looks awesome.

It's nice to see Yamaha as the only OEM to resurrect the SRX badge into their current line up to pay homage to the SRX from back in the day. I wonder if Arctic Cat will take notice of this sweet looking wrap and bring back the ZRT name as they have with the current Thundercat. Mach Z from Ski Doo maybe in the future?

Any thoughts on bringing back some of the retro names and graphics in the top performance class?

View attachment 158015
I saw this exact sled last week in Upper Michigan.. Crossing highway with a group of Cats..
Awesome! Looked great.. Not sure whos it is ??

Does anyone know who made that wrap? Have a customer wanting to make his look like that!

Back