• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back on an apex and seat needs a change...any input?

J2hizzo

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Srx 700
Had an apex and seat/ride position was terrible. Been riding an axys last 2 years and its such the most comfortable sled on the market for me. I realize that an apex(2008 40th anniversary) isnt going to ride as good yet I want to help it a bit. Looked hard at the Skinz conversion but feedback seems to be that its super stiff and too high.

Had an apex and seat/ride position was terrible. Been riding an axys last 2 years and its such the mkst comfortable sled on the market for me. I realize that an apex(2008 40th anniversary) isnt going to ride as good yet I want to help it a bit. Looked hard at the Skinz conversion but feedback seems to be that its super stiff and too high.
WRP has always treated me well. They make a quality seat rise kit for the apex.

Have no idea what your goal is here but just a FWI the 07-08 apex rtx stock seat is supposed to be a bit taller and have a firmer top layer.... might be able to find one from a parted out sell.

I have a 2008 40th anniversary seat with 3" foam added to it, if your interested let me know.

I have a 2008 40th anniversary seat with 3" foam added to it, if your interested let me know.
What color? If he is not I might be.

The anniversary seat is to soft, if your near 6' it will bend the knees to much. Swap on a MTX or RTX seat and its firmer and knees sit at perfect 90 degrees I was amazed its night and day different. Also raise up the bars I think I ended up with 5" higher then stock and it was perfect. I'm 6' and like to stand.

WRP or Mountain Mod. Had them both but didn't like Mountain Mos price on the '11 and up seat. WRP is firmer, taller and narrower than stock.

Had mine done like the wrp seat... 2" lift and I would not own another apex with regular seat!!!

PM your number and i'll send them to you.

Love my WRP. Kicking myself in the can for not being the 1st mod I made when I bought my Attak a few years ago.

5IQrWP-RHYEPiql9iy7aJ3Z6s1zpI6WZrC-Xv9Zy1qV2ThDva9TI40LU0R-URPorThjNRJrFMtfnE_v22AQ894HvM99AijbtzkHU7vUzvaZI7TmSUbWKEFoaWE9tbqirOdTWyqOW80_pMHjY6T9OdiZgfGfBVClpPE7qsdkfammKVFU6_km82teN4Vu_orOfeL17Z4tkPKrVGwT4zI6IBWNtD35wWoOdcZjXXdH_W-p7PV8DzscLVug6Zhw7GtASa2RA4VrggbRzJlTVh_5iFisOeC0afXL15WvLV56NGqPZHNwah_Cd71BPuKPadMEvxbiE0cZv06-tXCjSnNM5UqoEjm5MWZ-gO8A0Q0JlIDTXc_K132iUuhlWfa-P0jr8yLvzm-1lXZCe4J7VJ9tHyXTF25tWOY4W_lUGB2z2ifBh_pMt1jJeKcn4wg6wxQ3ZHpX_8x-IxAX6Egal6DiboSAzRz3md9l5ofZgSbEC_xAkmRE-dtpUSFbOGlqxYvJlrOZpb_vhXWZ86cKVMBU1rVTwg-xgbR_N0usNUIJp3HCvDIJRoMYp6WdALyZh2p2hTn7p-baz1ka867IV94QgpISgMMPvxrHnnOQlTKnk3-aCBk2ZFlJZjUzAJYLLO7U0NOquJANFMgvgmvp5IWn00cZqM2gQEgy_=w439-h330-no

Back