• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back to the dealer.................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

BLUEBALLER

Expert
This time for a new subframe! On warranty to boot!

:jump:

Now I can do my happy dance.

Just thought I would share my good news with all my fellow tweaked front end brothers.

This has renewed my faith in Yamaha as a manufacturer.

Now - wait till you guys hear what they recommend for the handwarmer issue. stay tuned

Who did you have to sleep with for the new sub-frame? Or, are they doing this out of the kindness in their hearts?

All canadian Nytros get a new subframe? Is this a new recall and is it released by Yamaha canada yet? Had mine into the dealer last week and they said that the balljoints are just a service bulletin not a recall and they haven't heard anything from Yamaha on the subframes.

BLUEBALLER said:
This time for a new subframe! On warranty to boot!

:jump:

Now I can do my happy dance.

Just thought I would share my good news with all my fellow tweaked front end brothers.

This has renewed my faith in Yamaha as a manufacturer.

Now - wait till you guys hear what they recommend for the handwarmer issue. stay tuned

The handwarmer issue, let me guess as it's already been recommended to me.....NEW YAMAHA GLOVES ? ;):D

Been there, done that, didn't work.....

Oddly the dealer I bought mine from didn't catch this in June; but Hauk caught it in September, when they did the engine work. They said it was out and they would replace it under warranty. I didn't even ask, and it was allready being taken care of. Makes me wonder if it is the different dealers, or if a memo went out in the fall to dealers?????????

Surprisingly I didn't have to do too much. I mentioned it to the dealer when they were fixing my starter and he said he'd inquire. A week later I find out he's got 4 on order and my name's on one of them!!!

I don't know if there is an official recall or not, but if you reside in Canada, I'd be calling your dealer asap to find out as much as you can.

As far as the handwarmers go - they (Yamaha) are recommending to bypass the ECU altogether and wire the factory grips off the headlight relay. The grips are fine (heat output wise) and the ECU seems to be the culprit. They ARE NOT covering this under warranty, and seeing as I butchered mine up with the aftermarket hotgrips, I didn't pursue it much further. Talk to your dealer and they should be able to help solve your handwarmer issues.

Some feedback on the wet boot deflector - it passed the test with flying colors. mind you there probably wasn't much heat in that area last weekend at -50C lol, but my bibs were DRY!!! so far I'm happy.

If you have an 08 nytro and your front end is tweaked, take it in and get a reinforced 09 clip!!!!

According to Turk they are giving them away for FREE to all us friendly Canadians. Not too sure about you whiney buggers to the south though.
:tg:

Good luck

Back