• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Backcountry on Nytro XTX

Sask Attak

Expert
I'm installing a backcountry 1.75" track on my 2010 Nytro XTX. My question is, What do you recommend I do for clutching/gearing? I ride 70% off trail and top speed isn't a big deal.

I have never tried adjusting the stock clutching for the backcountry track, but I have setup a new primary spring, weights, and helix for the XTX with a backcountry. Most of the time I recommend going down to a 20 tooth top gear as well.

$375 for the clutching, $35 for the 20 tooth top gear and $30 shipping USPS Priority Mail.

I'm looking at doing the same thing with my 12 nytro xtx.
- bc track, clutch kit, and new top gear

I'm from sk as well, but lookin at a trip to yellowstone(maybe even revy) early next year.

my question is would the Top gear have to get changed to ride mountains or could I just get away with adjusting primary weights.

Thanks
Clayton

You can ride the mountains with leaving the top gear, it's not the 100% ideal scenario, but it will work to run it that way.

Back