• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Backfiring=no hand warmers...

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
This may sound really weird, but my Nytro would backfire when letting off the gas, and at these times, the hand warmers wouldn't work. Start the sled up again, and it would run great, no backfiring, and the hand warmers were working. This is when the sleds controls were set on high. Maybe there is something where the hi setting is going back down to 0???? This happened about 30% of the time with the hand warmers working, yes working! Backfiring only really was noticeable on high settings.

Something else I tried is having it on 1 bar from the top on the thumb and hand warmers. 90% of the time they actually worked! So much I would only use my fingertips to hold on. Didn't want to adjust as they WERE working. Stock bars, no foaming.

This makes me believe that the control could be defective? Has anyone tried the ohms at 1 bar from high?

Yes, and the hand warmers would not work. This was this past Friday night and was I ever pissed! Froze my hands even with 2 packaged hand warmers from the store in each glove.

If I put the control 1 bar from max, they would work most of the time and no backfiring, just a nice purr down to idle.

Thursday they were luke warm at best, but didn't need the store bought hand warmers. They were set at max on Thursday.

Saturday, no store bought hand warmers and even had another person ride my Nytro and he said they were working well. This was set 1 bar from max.

Could this be? who the hell knows! The way these hand warmers work I would believe anything. Only thing I have to say about it ALL last year I road with my hand warmers on high and never had it backfire. (From what I can remember)

I don't know but don't have time to change the bars to my 06 bars from my attak, before I leave Wednesday for the TY ride in Houghton. I will try this more on that ride.

Just thinking that if they use the same revolving sequence button to go to max and back to nothing, then work up to max????

Would the control unit from a RX1 for the hand warmer alone work and bolt up?

The RX1 controls worked very well. Don't see why the Apex won't work as the controls are the same as the RX1?

Here is another good one that puts the fuel injection ? to rest. Why does the 05 vector hand grips work awesome, but you put the engine in the Apex chassis and they don't work? No fuel injection.

Well, wish all this handwarmer BS would get resolved already.

But it doesn't backfire most of the time, and they were checked, everything good. Only backfires on occasion.

ECU starting to go? Controls both handwarmers & ignition. Did you add any electrical add-ons that might be drawing more power than the system can deliver?

Backfiring to me would be too much fuel & not enough spark.

Handwarmers not working might be a byproduct.

Have you checked all your wiring for any rub throughs? Possible short somewhere?

Terry is your battery up to snuff? Low voltage due to charging system or weak battery. Check the easy stuff first!

Everything up too snuff, only backfires when off the throttle coming to a stop from any mph over 25. (Guess I should've mentioned that)

This sled rocks and has no problems other then the handwarmers and backfire on occasion.

All wires checked and look good. Changed oil last night and checked over entire sled. Need hyfax changed soon, that's it.

Back