• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad idle

Yamarace998

Veteran
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha nypex mcx 400
Hello. Have a sidewinder 2017 with a idle issuse. Need to give it some throttle to start it and sometimes the rpm fall down to 900-1000 rpm. But sometimes it will idle arround 1300-1400 still low but little better. Have tryed different idle valves, checked every hoose for leak but cant figure it out. No error codes. New sparkplugs, fresh gas. Work fine when driving. Maybe little slow spool up. Does anyone have a tips that can lead me to figure this out?

Take a look at the rubber hose under throttle body that comes off the plastic intake manifold. It supplies air to the idle air control valve.
Mine had developed a kink in the hose and pinched off the air. Also I am running a secondary intercooler so my hose was rerouted.
Exactly the same symptoms as you explained.

Take a look at the rubber hose under throttle body that comes off the plastic intake manifold. It supplies air to the idle air control valve.
Mine had developed a kink in the hose and pinched off the air. Also I am running a secondary intercooler so my hose was rerouted.
Exactly the same symptoms as you explained.
Ok, gonna chech that. Mine is also rerouted, have TD intake and intercooler.

Still sounds fuel related to me with symptoms you explained
Hmm ok. Have 1000cc injectors from td, stock fuel pump that fill up catch tank in front and then a walboro external pump direct on fuel rail with td fuel regulator. Gonna check the fuel system again!

Hmm ok. Have 1000cc injectors from td, stock fuel pump that fill up catch tank in front and then a walboro external pump direct on fuel rail with td fuel regulator. Gonna check the fuel system again!
Hope you find it.. 2 fuel pumps? Not familiar with that set up..

Its idle better when warm. Tested today and its idle at 1400-1450 when 80-90c. But still need to have a little throttle to get it started.

Its idle better when warm. Tested today and its idle at 1400-1450 when 80-90c. But still need to have a little throttle to get it started.
Has it only idled low since you put the big injectors in? If so, it’s hard to make the sleds idle like a stocker with big injectors. 1000cc is quite large. I ran 430cc on my turbo nytro and it never started and idled as good as a stock sled.

Idling with 1000 cc injectors is not an issue if it’s tuned correctly.

Gotta ask though why do u have two pumps ?

Stock turbo ?

Back