• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad Oil leak - Mystery solved

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Any known problems over by the oil pump area. There is a coolant line and a oil line there. I have oil coming out bad under load. Lost a qt in 5 miles. It looks like I may have to pull the motor just to see whats going on in there. Is there any other way to access that thing?

Any ideas??

might be able to see it through the belly pan acess. might have a hole in one of the lines that only opens up under pressure or when the motor twists up in the chassis.

i though that was why you went to the turbo sled back in the day but am getting old timers and might not remeber right.

Had a friend call me couple years ago with same type problem....told him to replace oil filter(double seal)...he swore that would not fix it guess what....BINGO

I have in the shop and its leaking just sitting there. Im going to have to put some UV dye in it there is oil everywhere.
Unfortunately the oil filter is under a Supercharger. Its nearly Impossible to see. Good suggestion though I had just changed oil when it started 3 years ago and been mothballed since.

Had it up on the stand, dried off everything underneath and started it up, not a single leak. Decided to take it out for a quick ride, came back entire bottom of motor full of oil. I’m going to pull IC, battery, SC off and see if I can see the oil filter loose or if I had left the o ring on the block from the previous oil filter. This started 3 years ago after I just changed the oil filter so it would be great if this would explain it!!

Oil freaking everywhere but oil filter dry as a bone. You can see its forward and all over bottom of oil pan. It was dripping from the hose, the oil drain, and all the little allen screws are full around the oil pan.

I cant see any leaks!?!!
9858902B-443A-4A98-85FA-E38BA7394390.jpeg
A80F2A5E-7468-437D-91EB-FB7002554ED9.jpeg
9347821A-10B0-4DE5-BB23-A1B096D83D98.jpeg

dye will tell you with a short rip.

Just added it let start and idle, nothing. Will let sit over night and see. Sled is tore apart so i can see in it so no rides. I may give it more throttle tomorrow when it’s not so late and see if it needs rpm to get it to leak.

JUST HAD MY ENGINE OUT FOR BROKE OIL PUMP CHAIN. THERE IS AN "O" RING FOR THE WATERPUMP THAT SEALS TO BLOCK. IF IT WAS DAMAGED ENGINE WOULD LEAK OIL SITTING AS WELL. CHECK GASKET FOR PTO AS WELL.
TAKE OUT AIR BOX BATTERY AND MOUNT ETC AND YPU SHPOULD BE ABLE TO SEE WHERE OIL COMING FROM WITH MIRROR OR BOROSCOPE CAMERA

USE A JUMPER BOX ON BATTERY CABLES IF YPOU NEED TO RUN.

I REPLACED EVERY GASKET AND HOSE UNDER MY ENGINE WHEN I HAD OUT

MINE HAS 27,000 KMS ON NOW

Nothing leaked last night, I will run it more today. I did see a few small drops of 'glowing' oil (from the dye) on a couple allen head bolts on both the mag side and oil/water pump side. I may need to pull the engine and just replace all the gaskets/hoses as you @wkeggenhoff

Nothing leaked last night, I will run it more today. I did see a few small drops of 'glowing' oil (from the dye) on a couple allen head bolts on both the mag side and oil/water pump side. I may need to pull the engine and just replace all the gaskets/hoses as you @wkeggenhoff
kinger do you have a cfm oil tank on this or stock?i know the stock tanks tend to leak/weap &slowly run down to belly pan (just another thought&very common)

I have the MPI tank. Its not Leaking. So frustrating!
Is it possible it’s coming from the hose above the clamp?hard to tell from pic but looks like hose is squished where clamp is tightened on fitting?seems it only leaks at certain temp or when engine is under load.those are the hardest to duplicate.not much room to see anything under there doesn’t exactly help!

Is it possible it’s coming from the hose above the clamp?hard to tell from pic but looks like hose is squished where clamp is tightened on fitting?seems it only leaks at certain temp or when engine is under load.those are the hardest to duplicate.not much room to see anything under there doesn’t exactly help!

That is the coolant line for the oil cooler. Somehow oil getting on it is confusing??

Back