• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bad rattle seemingly coming from exhast under seat

greggie42

Veteran
my 2008 nytro mountain only has 4000 klms but it has a terrible rattle coming from under the seat even when idling , it sounds like a sheet metal rattle. is this a common problem?

Could be your heat shield is loose but more then likely your exhaust gaskets are shot. Get the copper ones to replace them if they are shot.

fiddlersgreen said:
Definately exhaust gaskets
Had the same rattling and it was the gaskets.

x2 Put a rag over your exhaust if it stays running your donuts are gone.

wow, there are other NLers on here , great! i love corner brook you guys have the best possible snowmobiling anywhere. period!!!!!! I like my nytro, but every year i have to put a new starter selinoid on it . do you have that trouble? wish the sliders didnt stick so easy too. Greg Noble Baie verte. nl.

Everybody that replied to you was a Newfy except for the AB/NS guy but that's close enough. I live in SK but originally from the West Coast, Deer Lake. Sounds like some good snow back home this year.

Tons of snow here on the west cost! A couple weeks ago we got about 3 feet of powder, people were getting stuck on Loggers School Road.

I haven't had any trouble with my selinoid, its original. As far as the sliders go, this year I put a 1.75 backcountry track on my xtx, so I put scratchers on and Excell wheels. The Excell wheels are bigger than stock wheels. This combination should help with slider wear and sticking on.

I replaced my start silonoid last year after 10,000.
As for the slides I used to go through a set every year which is not drastic.

In the last 3 seasons I'm running graphite slides and 2 marginal snow wheel kits that I mounted where the slides were wearing. These made a huge difference.
Along with a set of scratchers for the icy days.
I'm only replacing the graphite slides this year after 3 seasons because I'm installing a new track and the skid is out.

Let it snow!!
Rg

If you replace your donuts, make sure you grind off a little bit of the stopper thing on the exhaust clamp. I had rattling in mine and the clamp was loose and banging around. The bolt was bottomed out and the clamp could not be tightened any more.

Back